Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbiew

BradKelly,

Funny thing with me is when I'm off alcohol I don't crave it. It's only when I've been on it for say a bad weekend, I need my fixer upper on the Monday morning.
    If you are "off alcohol" why do you go back on it again?

Just askin', as "they" say.

Oh, and :welcome: and very glad you are here!!

You can do what you need to do to get your life back together again. What you can do on the website is figure out how to keep from having to come back.

Cindi

ps I do not mean to be sarcastic, well, maybe I do... I am sorry. But, I have seen this so many times before. Binge drinkers do not liken themselves as "alcoholics." Binge drinking can take you down as fast as every day drinkers. I know this from many times in the "rooms" and many years in the forum.

No. I am not a binge drinker, I am an every day binge drinker. I will not lie to you.

Now, stop lying to yourself. What you are going through is sheer hell and I know it. So do many here. I hope they chime in. UKBlonde is one that comes to mind..

I really do care. I just do not want to sugar coat this addiction we are dealing with.

I am semi-sorry for those I have offended but not really. This is a life and death situation.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbiew

[QUOTE=Cinders;964770]BradKelly,

ps I do not mean to be sarcastic, well, maybe I do... I am sorry. But, I have seen this so many times before. Binge drinkers do not liken themselves as "alcoholics." Binge drinking can take you down as fast as every day drinkers.

Sarcastic or not, Cinders, you spoke the truth. Binge drinkers do not liken themselves to alcoholics. I am a binge drinker and for years that incredibly stupid and false concept rattled around in my addled brain and kept me on the wrong path.
      Only a few weeks ago I said the magic words: "I am an alcoholic."
      And the truth will set you free. (John 8:32)
      I read on a link a few days ago "binge drinkers are a special kind of alcoholic."
      Great! I get to be special at something
      The point is, binge drinkers are often the hardest to get through the denial stage. It's a very destructive way of drinking and maybe the hardest to accept because we are able to go AF for long stretches (days, maybe even weeks or months for some). This is the deceptive power of AL playing mind games with us. AL is lying dormant, but the disease continues to progress within our genes.
      It's taken me 30 years to get to where I am now. MWO is saving my life.
      Brady, embrace your "special kind of alcoholism," and I pray you won't be wondering if maybe Cinders really was being a bit harsh or a bit sarcastic or whatever in 30 years.
      Mish :l
      :h Mish :h
      sigpic
      Never give up...
      GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
      Remaining a perpetual possibility
      Only in a world of speculation.
      What might have been and what has been
      Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Newbiew

[quote]Mishmash;964992 wrote:
        Originally posted by Cinders View Post
        BradKelly,

The point is, binge drinkers are often the hardest to get through the denial stage. It's a very destructive way of drinking and maybe the hardest to accept because we are able to go AF for long stretches (days, maybe even weeks or months for some). This is the deceptive power of AL playing mind games with us. AL is lying dormant, but the disease continues to progress within our genes.
        It's taken me 30 years to get to where I am now. MWO is saving my life.
        Brady, embrace your "special kind of alcoholism," and I pray you won't be wondering if maybe Cinders really was being a bit harsh or a bit sarcastic or whatever in 30 years.
        Mish :l
        I have embraced it. I would rather live in denial, drinking 6 beers a night for the next 20 years than continue as a binge drinker. I didn't find what Cinders said at all a bit harsh or sarcastic, only true.

Comment

Newbiew

:goodjob: Brady, on embracing what is true.
          Denial sucks too. :h
          :h Mish :h
          sigpic
          Never give up...
          GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
          Remaining a perpetual possibility
          Only in a world of speculation.
          What might have been and what has been
          Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Newbiew

Mishmash;965189 wrote: :goodjob: Brady, on embracing what is true.
            Denial sucks too. :h
            i agree

Comment

Newbiew

MM: I read on a link a few days ago "binge drinkers are a special kind of alcoholic." Great! I get to be special at something.>>

:H:H:H:H
              AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
              "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Working...
              X