Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm New

Hi
    I am new here and am really going to try to get myself sober. I drink way too much wine every day and things here at home are not going well because of my excessive drinking (1 1/2 bottles a night).
    I will be on the ODAT thread and probably the Newbies Nest too. Today is Day 1:new:

I'm New

Hi and welcome to mwo, read as many threads & posts as you can & share your thoughts and feelings, we have all been there so your not alone, hope to see you around, goodluck. :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I'm New

Hi Sobriety's child

Welcome to the site and keep posting. Good luck on your day 1 AF. If you feel like a drink check out Rain in my heart documentary on YouTube. A shocking and terribly sad doc that really shows Alcohol for what it is. I am new here and have been AF for 12 days now. It hasn't been easy but I am feeling great both physically and mentally. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
      :welcome:
      EL

Comment

I'm New

Hi and congratulations on taking that first step. There is so much support and information on this site, you have come to a good place. Another good thread to read and post on is https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html

Keep reading, posting and sharing. Look forward to getting to know you. And also, enjoy your hangover free Saturday morning tomorrow (they are really something!)
        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm New

Hi there,
          I have found this site to be a tremendous help. Keep coming back.

Peace

Comment

I'm New

Hi Sc,
            Welcome! One day at a time is a really good start! I was drinking a bottle of wine a night and more on weekends.Now I am living a sober life...miracles can happen! Just stay posted cause there is alot of wisdom and support on here. x
            Be strong-
            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
            Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

I'm New

Hi SC welcome!! Hope to get to know you better, goodluck with everything! x
              Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

I'm New

hi and welcome. this is a great place for advice and support. keep reading lots and post to let us know how youre getting on. well done for taking this step
                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

I'm New

Just wanted to say Welcome. I am new here as well, although I have to admit that I lurked around this site for close to 2 years before I was brave enough to start posting. Wonderful, understanding people here to support you. Good luck on your journey!

Comment

I'm New

Welcome!

I'm new too and I think you made an excellent decision coming here. Everyone here seems very supportive and has a lot of great advice to offer.

Wishing you all the best on your journey; it will be difficult but immensely rewarding.

Comment

I'm New

Welcome Sobriety! I am new here as well and had the same vice as you. I think coming here is a great start on the path to leading a better life. Good luck to you! Definitely take it one day at a time.

Comment

I'm New

Hi and welcome,i look forward to getting to know you better

Comment

I'm New

Welcome Sobriety. :welcome: Wine and Vodka (not necessarily at the same time LOL) were my poisons. I can relate to the more than one bottle a night (or day for me) problem.

Getting AL out of my life is the best thing I've ever done. That, and nicotine out the door. Hope you find this joy too.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm New

Hi there Sobriety,

Great to have you on board, check out the Tool Box and just read, read and read some more on all the threads as there is loads of information.

Dewdrop :h
                            Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

I'm New

Thank you all for your kind responses. This is a wonderful community.

Comment

Working...
                              X