• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CDs

poof

The CDs

Hypnotherapy CD's

Hi Waiting to Exhale,

A lot of people are afraid of hypnotism because they don't know what to expect. There really is nothing magical, mystical or evil about it when the session or CD's are designed to help you and only you dump an old habit. I went to a clinical psychologist for hypnotherapy and my first session, I couldn't completely relax. I guess you could say I still had my guard up and really not sure if I was actually hynotised in that session or not, but I have never in my life felt that relaxed. It was the best 2 hours and I didn't have a care in the world. The whole concept is to get you to relax enough, so that your subconscience will be open to suggestions. When you come back to reality, it is your inner voice (your subconscience) that tells you to not drink or smoke or overeat. So, I can appreciate your fear waiting. During the session, you are completely aware of what is going on and you won't do anything that you wouldn't typically do in real life. It is not like the therapist is going to rob you of your mind. As for you not having a puppy, hope you get one soon, have had my little Sheltie for 7 years now. Best watch dog, I ever had.

However, I didn't feel like I had a physical craving for alcohol or cigarettes after the session. I am still coping with the fact that this is something I have done for a long time and searching for other things to replace the time I spent smoking and drinking. My next appointment is on Nov 6, and this time I will trust her (my therapist) completely so I can get the full benefit of the treatment. Hope this helps waiting.

Comment

The CDs

Maybe there IS someplace that you don't want to go, and that is the cause of your fear. Some people have had some very interesting experiences with the CD's at first. You have some good insights into what might help, such as doing them earlier in the day, when you might feel less scared or even having someone you trust somewhere in the house while you are doing them.

People have had old childhood memories pop up (some not very pleasant) when they first start doing the CD's as well.

Remember, the CD's do tap into your subconscious mind, and they can bring up repressed stuff. It isn't evil, although I do appreciate that you experienced them that way. His voice is a little weird at first, and it does take some getting used to for many of us. I find it comforting now, although it found it weird and distracting at first!!

Good luck, Waiting. Sorry you had such a frightening experience.

Hugs,

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

The CDs

Hi Waiting..........

I think you are just like eveybody else that has started this program. We all have a had some kind on "getting used to" response to the cds.

If you go back and read from months past , you will find many of us giggling at James and the way he talks.
        His "veryyyyyyyy nice" was one of them.
        I, for one ,had to get used to a man speaking in a sweet(?) or nice tone of voice to me!

The good news is........after several days he begins to sound a little more normal. My favorite cd is the clearing part two. I listen to it in my big bathtub with the lights dim and the door LOCKED!

As Kathy said...........there have been some things to come to my mind at times and when they do, I just "take" them out in the light of day and have a good look at them and see what I need to do to deal with them. Journaling them helps me.

I hope you will keep listening............they have really helped me.

Love,
        Nancy:l PS..........I talk funny (southern) too!!!:H
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

The CDs

I'm with Kathy and maybe there is some repressed stuff that it is stirrin up. If your not comfortable with it dont do it. At least not yet, until ya feel more ready. Work on other parts of the program. I dont do any of the hypno stuff at all and am very successful with the rest of the program.
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

The CDs

OK, thank you for the insight all. I am suspect that there IS something I just don't want to face (?) Maybe?

I'm going to try again early tis evening .. and see how it feels ... maybe just an off night for me ... or maybe this is another way of looking at things that maybe I didn't know were even ther . Hummm ...

Hugs to all ..

WaitingToExhale

Comment

The CDs

Update on the CDs ... I tried them again late afternoon ... much better in daylight ...

However, I feel asleep! Is that ok? LOL Guess I got relaxed huh?

I even started the second CD . Now I understand the "vvveeerrrryyyyy nice" .. kinda funny ...

Will try the second one again tonight ... lord knows I need something to help me after yesterday .. so pissed at myself!

WaitingToExhale

Comment

The CDs

Waiting, I also live in a very rural (actually, remote area), the reference in the CD's, to the elevator & escalator, were very irritating to me! As it's beautiful here, and there's not one around for more than 50 miles!, at least! I don't feel I need to pretend to be on one to relax... ...

I think that's why I prefer the Hypno part 2, as it doesn't mention that so much, and is much more concise.
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

The CDs

Thanks St. Jude ... I am not quite as far out as you .. but do live up in the hills , and VERY aware if even a car comes up the roads ... it's very quiet here ...

I'm going to try the 2nd one again ...

I am impressed all all get out with myself tonight! Almost 830PM and I have not even finished glass two! Whoa!!!!!!!!!! And I did not pour a glass until almost 7PM .. big for me.

Something .. or many things are working for me ...

Penelope

Comment

The CDs

Hey Penelope:good: , I just finished my first glass... but I've been @ work since about 3:30. Gotta go chug some water before I dose up on my topa.
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                    X