TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Hi to everyone that reads this. I am ready to be honest not only with myself but with you who i consider my second family.
    I have been on MWO for at least 6 months in which time i managed 1 month AF. But then i tried to moderate and slipped back in to the spiral (downward).
    I have been drinking anything from 1 to 2 bottles of wine every night. Not spending the time I could with my kids after school as would prefer to drink. I have laid awake in the middle of the night feeling like shit and said to myself "ok thats it, no more" so so many times. Then by 4pm next day i am drinking again.
    I have gained weight, i have no energy and i want my old life back. I want to be fit and healthy and take my boys fishing and bike riding. I have hit rock bottom and its time for THE CHANGE.
    So guess what??? YES i have started it!!!
    I am on day 5 completely AF! I have been walking hills everyday, and i am eating healthy, drinking loads of water and telling my brain to shut the hell up!
    Mind over matter i guess. I really want this and im going to try with all of my being to get it.
    I already have more energy and i am starting to sleep like a log!
    But it is early days and I guess im asking for your help and support in this journey as i know i have failed before.
    Anyone who wants to join me would be fantastic. I am going to carry on posting on this thread daily to hold myself accountable.
    I am going to be the best mum i can be and i WILL wear a bikini this summer!
    Thanks for listening to my honesty, it was overdue!
    Lots of love,
    Pink Angel xxoo:h
    HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Awwhhh BLOODY WELL DONE!!

I am so proud of you...You can count on my support completely.

Good on ya girl xx
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Welcome Angel. Love your positive attitude and all the changes you are working on. I too have been trying to be more healthy in diet and exercise. Just today I was trying to boost myself up to taking on more ..next week of course! I do walk approx a mile each morning, and am watching what I eat. Just need to be more healthy when it comes to the drink. I am hoping that MWO will also help me to be more accountable in this area. I have been posting daily on the ODAT Thread. Good luck, and I look forward to hearing more! Congratulations on your 5 days, I'm sure there are many more to come.

Comment

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Great stuff PA!

There came a time for me where i just had to say to myself, after heap's of attempt's at modding, lot's of stop/start's, and going round in circles, enough is enough, G-man!
        Congratulation's on 5 day's af. You will not regret your decision. Never forget why you stopped, and what it felt like in the middle of the night in all that anguish. I remember it well. AF life get's better and better. There are NO negatives in being sober.

Freedom. Clarity. Pride.

Go for it Pink. Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Hi Pink-glad to see you are back at it and enjoying your sober life! I am on day 5 as well-and feeling great and not pissed at myself everyday! We can both do this- you sound as fed up and determined as I. Hey, now you are spending your time doing quality things with your kids-bet that feels great!
          All the best,
          Fluff
          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Pink - I can feel your energy on your post! Its fantastic when we finally get that extra inner strength to say enough is enough, Im here to support you all the way :l
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Hi Pink Angel,

I am new here, but just wanted to say your positivity will get you through.

Keep coming back,

Comment

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Well done PA! I truly believe that there does come a moment when it really is 'enough'! Sounds like you may have reached that moment. I had a problem with my teenage son today, no question I could not have dealt with it if I had been drinking, sober - we actually ended up having a super heart to heart about my previous drinking and whether it had affected him badly etc. The conversation ended in him telling me how proud he is of me.............priceless! Good on you girl - you WILL get in that bikini!!
                Molly
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Congrats PA!! 5 days is amazing! Please keep posting and let us know how you are progressing. I am only on day 2 but posts like yours are very inspiring to all of us!! I think we can all do this with the support of MWO. I am going to go make dinner and NOT drink any wine!
                  AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Comment

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Thanks to each of you for your encouragement! I have reached that point and nothing is going to stand in my way! This site is a god send and a sanctuary where we can all come and be ourselves no matter how messed up we are.
                    Thank god for places like this!
                    xxoo
                    HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Pink Angel - sounds like you have crossed over to the point where you have made a 100% commitment and that is the determination that will help make you successful. Congratulations!! You have my support all the way!
                      John
                      AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Hi Pink Angel,
                        You sound so positive and it's great to hear! :goodjob: on the 5 days!!
                        :l

Comment

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Well done you

:goodjob: I am so happy for you angel sister!! I have so much faith in you. I know you can do this. You are one of Charlie's Angels of course. hehe 5 day's is great. Keep going, I am on day 23 AF and I am feeling so healthy and have so much energy. We can do this!

Angel
                          Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Well Done Pink Angel

I'm on day 14 (I thought it was 13, but when I checked I had a bonus day...woohoo.) I'm right here with you too.
                            Mish
                            :h Mish :h
                            sigpic
                            Never give up...
                            GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                            Remaining a perpetual possibility
                            Only in a world of speculation.
                            What might have been and what has been
                            Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

TIME FOR THE TRUTH.....

Hi Pink

Fantastic job on being 5 days AF. That is truly wonderful.
                              I completely related to your story. In fact could have written that myself. So get the 4pm start time. I have two children as well. I used the stresses of motherhood to condone my drinking. It makes me very very sad now so I am completely with you every step of the way.

Well done

ELx:h

17 days AF

Comment

Working...
                              X