Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2

Hi All-

I stumbled on this website while looking for information on how to quit drinking. Today is day 2 without AL and I wanted to be able to talk with people who have been there. I've always drank but in the last 2 years it spiraled out of control after my adult son started having seizures. So here I am, looking for some support.:new:

Day 2

Hi Pushin',

I love your user name! Hopefully, you can whittle that rock down to a pebble. I find the following thread particularly helpful whenever the memory of drinking as "fun" or "a treat" comes up, and also, as a newbie, realizing there were boatloads of people out chasing liquid tails just like me. Welcome! : )

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html

Pride
    AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
    "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Day 2

Welcome Pushin! I am on day 3 AF and am hoping for many more. Stay on and chat with us....share your feelings.....ask questions. The thread Pride gave you is a great one! I haven't been on here long but there is so much useful information. Keep us updated!
      AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Comment

Day 2

Hi there Pushin' :welcome:

You've come to the right place, there is loads of support and advice check out the Tool Box thread think it's in Monthly Abstinence and just read, read and read. Tell us a bit about yourself and what the challenges are for you with alcohol and folk here will jump in.

You've done the hardest bit by registering and posting.

Dewdrop :h
        Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Day 2

Thanks to those you you who sent messages of support. Made it through Day 2 AF. Realizing that my primary trigger to drink is boredom, so I went to the library and got a bunch of books that I've wanted to read. Made a to-do list for today so I'm not just sitting here thinking about a beer. So far, no withdrawal symptoms except feeling bitchy & irritable. I hear that the first 2-3 are the worst, is this true? Anybody?

Comment

Day 2

Hi Pushin!
            I love your username too! First of all, great job on the 2 AF days. In my experience, yes, the first 2-3 days are the hardest. Like you, my trigger was always boredom. I always drank in the evening, at home, alone. It's great that you've planned for the evening by getting some books, and trying to stay busy. Changing your routine definitely helps. I am glad you're here, and look forward to getting to know you!
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day 2

For me, day one was supremely difficult. You're definitely on the right track. Having plenty of things to do, like books to read, or projects of some type are very helpful. Congrats on day 2! :goodjob:

Comment

Day 2

Welcome, Im new here myself and Im now on a hungover feeling-head pounding day 4 AF. My mind seems clear, my mood is good, no al cravings, but good gosh I feel hungover.
                Heres to a day 3 for ya (holds up a gatorade).

Comment

Day 2

Hi Pushin and Welcome!

Boredom was my primary trigger, too. Very important to keep busy. Sounds like a trip to the library was a perfect place to start for you. Make a list of to-do's or projects that you have been thinking about doing and keep yourself busy. For me, variety was the answer to keep me from getting bored. (I think I have attention deficit disorder!).

Nice to have you here and look forward to getting to know you better.
                  John
                  AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Day 2

Hi there,

Great to hear that you are on track, I found Day 1 easy because I had such a bad hangover and was quite sick, Day 2 was the toughie for me 3-5 were easier to manage and I took a few days off work to help, and by Day 7 I was on a roll and determined to crack it or at least have a good go at it.

Redfingers I did suffer from bad headaches for the first week and was taking painkillers for days but again they passed by the end of the week.

Hang in there guys and keep posting

Dewdrop :h
                    Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Day 2

Love your name Pushin!
                      I am on day 7 and i feel So dam good. It does get better. I too had headaches and felt hungover for the first 4-5 days. Push on through hun because it will feel sooo good!
                      Your energy levels will rise and everything seems just so much easier. xx
                      HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

Day 2

DAY 4

So far, so good. Discovered Vitamin Water Zero yesterday. I'm not a coffee or tea drinker & I was getting sick of drinking just water. Comes in a bunch of different flavors and has vitamins in it, which I'm sure my body needs at this point. The best way to describe my cravings for AL is that it's like when someone flicks you. Annoying but manageable, now just need to reduce the number of flicks per day!

Stay strong & Have a great weekend everybody ~

Pushin

Comment

Day 2

Pushinarock;966821 wrote: So far, so good. Discovered Vitamin Water Zero yesterday.

Pushin - Another really good brand of flavored water drinks is Sobe Lifewater
                          . The Costco Warehouses carry it. My favorite flavors are Black and Blue Berry, Fuji Apple Pear, and Yummy Pomegranate! They are 0 calories with no added sugars and are loaded with anti-oxidants.
                          John
                          AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Working...
                          X