Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mish's Mash

Thanks for sharing Mish :l
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Mish's Mash

Thank you for sharing Mish, I don't think you have any idea how impactful this is for so many on this site and for those lurking :l
      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Mish's Mash

Thank you all so much. I wonder if you have any idea what it means to tell my story and know that there are friends who are interested and care. If it benefits you dear ones also, then reliving and sharing is "twice blessed."
        :h Mish :h
        sigpic
        Never give up...
        GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
        Remaining a perpetual possibility
        Only in a world of speculation.
        What might have been and what has been
        Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Mish's Mash

It's been some time since I've posted on my own thread, but I'm ready to continue now. I am on my second day of Naltrexone and despite initial disappointment at not being given Baclofen, am going to just run with what I do have and give it my best.

Yesterday I came across a site involving a Perth doctor leading the world in Addiction Treatment. He has been using Naltrexone implants which last up to a year with real success. Not sure how to post a link from MWO (usually works) but if you Google Fresh Start Recovery Programme or go to www.freshstart.org/au you should be able to find it. Although he has mainly been using the implants with heroin and methamphetamine addicts he has been helping alcoholics using the same implants...or so it would appear after my quick browse of the site. He is like the "Fred Hollows or Fiona Woods of Addiction" which will make most sense to underoos...Good to have someone local leading the way (again...Fiona Woods is a Sandgroper). As Beagle said, "Perth is a bit of a backwater," so it's nice to be on the map regarding alcoholism (apart from having a high percentage of them...:H:H:H).
          Anyway, I've been given this chance to stop drinking and live and I'm going to do this thing and get sober. I had no SEs yesterday...kept waiting to feel woozy or nauseous but absolutely nothing. I had the best night's sleep I've had in a while and awoke feeling like I could go back and sleep some more if I wanted. By the time I had my cuppa I was pretty much awake and ready to function. I'm all medicated up for the day and have an 'afternoon tea' to go to. The invitation came last night just before 8pm. A while ago I'd have maybe been dead to the world at that time, so was happy to answer the call like a 'normal' person.
          My mind is set for this challenge and if anyone else is at the same point and wants to join me, you're very welcome. The more the merrier...
          OK, I'm off to have breakfast...fennel is serving fine fare around the truck at Dos Gatos...
          sigpic
          Never give up...
          GET UP!!!

Comment

Mish's Mash

Just wanted to say Hi Mish...and that I'm thinking of you!! :h
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Mish's Mash

Mish...you go girl...whatever works!!! Rusty has had alot of success with Nal
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mish's Mash

Thanks MB. My mind is set...
                sigpic
                Never give up...
                GET UP!!!

Comment

Mish's Mash

K9Lover;989452 wrote: Just wanted to say Hi Mish...and that I'm thinking of you!! :h
                  Thanks so much K9...thinking of you, too.
                  sigpic
                  Never give up...
                  GET UP!!!

Comment

Mish's Mash

Part Three

I have clear recollection of a few 'episodes' when AL popped into my life outside of home. At home I knew the score with my dad...the routine; drinking and falling asleep, falling down...slurring, lurching, the 'dopey' look and how I could tell by his face where he was at in the cycle. I didn't much like it, but at least it was 'private.'
                    However, the primary school I was at had "Parents' Night." I'm sure others have memories of stomach migraine all day in anticipation of how the drinking parent will turn up. Nothing outrageous happened at these events, but I was tense and nervous and started to withdraw into myself.
                    When I reached about eight years of age and began to understand what was going on it really affected me deeply. Also at this time I started Year 3 and was placed in a class with my first male teacher (1st Year out of College) who threw things and yelled a lot. Most of the class ended up at the Doctor's with nervous conditions...I pulled out clumps of hair and my eyelashes. I also was vomiting and having terrible stomach cramps in the mornings before school. (This teacher was eventually dismissed for cracking a kid's scull against a door). My dad organised a meeting for the parents to raise their concerns and present them to the Principal...and was half cut during the meeting.
                    By Year Six my parents were worrying about my secondary school. The local High School had a bit of a reputation and I was withdrawn, quiet and physically smaller than my classmates. It was decided that because of my "immaturity" I would be sent to a top Perth Girls' School. So, in Year Seven, I began at the private school and for the next two years I have no really outstanding memories of embarrassing events caused by AL.

To be continued
                    sigpic
                    Never give up...
                    GET UP!!!

Comment

Mish's Mash

It's good to see you back Mish and I'm glad that you are still posting, good luck with your journey and thanks for resuming your story :l:l

Dewdrop :h
                      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Working...
                      X