Headaches are debilitating!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find myself doing well and not craving AL but I get terrible headaches as I withdraw. I have managed them with small amounts of AL but I really want to quit completely. How can I avoid the headaches?
    TYVM!

sasha, they are debilitating, but they ultimately pass. I have been taking panadeine forte in preference to the small amounts of AL, but I fully recommend you see your health professional and let him/her know what you're doing and what would be the best to combat the headaches. Maybe even a small dose of valium might help in your case.
    Your doctor can be a huge help if you're really open. I'm proud of how you're doing.
    Mish
    :h Mish :h
    sigpic
    Never give up...
    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

I agree with Mish, I had such bad headaches at first and thought I could just get rid of them with a couple glasses of wine. Of course when I did it was rarely only a couple and more like 7 glasses. Drink plenty of water, take some painkillers, go to bed, try to sleep in a dark room. Listen to the Hypnotherapy CDs, I find it relaxing to have earplugs in my ears whether I have the music on or not.

Hope this helps, you're doing fine.

Tant
      Tant
      AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Yes, Sasha, if they are that bad please see a doctor. PM me, I have more info for you.

Comment

Hi Sasha,

I too had very bad headaches during the first 5 days I stopped and took painkillers constantly for them, they eased off during day 5 to 7 and then into the second week I only had a couple of lighter ones.

I do agree with everyone though and if you think they are debilitating then you should talk to your doctor.

Good luck :h
          Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Wow, funny how so many people have them when detoxing. I also had really bad headaches especially in the morning's. Although, I haven't had one in a while now. I wonder what causes them exactly? I mean obviously your body isn't used to having no AL, but I wonder what makes you get them. Anyhoo hope they don't last too much longer for you! x
            Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

sasha;966432 wrote: I find myself doing well and not craving AL but I get terrible headaches as I withdraw. I have managed them with small amounts of AL but I really want to quit completely. How can I avoid the headaches?
              TYVM!
              Hi Sasha, you could try magnesium, in fact this is great on its own for migraine and insomnia. As you detox, your nervous system is firing up again and quite frazzled. Your pain receptors which once were filled with al are now empty!!!!!!! The aches and pains (bodily) are a reaction to withdrawing the poison from your pain receptors, but as others have said, if they get too bad and dont start letting up soon, see your doctor.Lots of water and maybe even some electrolyte replacement such as gatorade may also help. HOpe things get better for you soon
              I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Working...
              X