Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a difference a morning makes...stressed and scared....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

I am really stressed right now and couldn't wait to get home for lunch to reach out to my MWO friends. At first I wasn't going to and keep this to myself, but that will only set me up to binge. That is my m.o. stay strong on the outside and crumble on the inside.

I am scared I might drink due to this unforeseen stress...I don't want to get into too much detail but I could really sit with a bottle of wine and get nice and numb. I know that won't make it all go away, it is only a temporary escape....

I won't pick up no matter what though, I will ride this reality and cry when I want to.:upset:

This is life right?? The good and the bad, I must keep sober to stay healthy for one, but also if I drink now I will get totally smashed and it will make things much worse.

WOW, just writing this is taking the edge off....

K, I'm done now and thank you for listening :h

aww Peace, no need for details sweetheart:l
    Great that you've come here to talk it through, great you've told your husband and a friend.
    I'm afraid, yep, this is life. Here we will celebrate the good times with you and we share those not so good times.
    Also great that you've done the fast forward thing and come to realise at the end of the bottle the problem/s will still be there.
    Take care today,Peace.
    J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

it is only a temporary escape.... >>

It's not even that PS; it's just drunk.

Up, down, high, low, even feeling shit is better than feeling nothing. Cry all you want, take a nice hot bath, blow your nose, and get some sleep. xoxox Pride
      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

PeaceSeeking,
        Finding new relaxation strategies is a critical piece of staying AF. There are better ways to retreat from life, to numb yourself to its rude intrusions. Maybe a move in a theater, or a stupid TV program can let you veg out.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I am so new to being AF I couldn't give you any better advice then what has been said. I just want you to know that you aren't alone in this.
          ?A year from now you will wish you had started today.? Karen Lamb

Comment

So sorry you are having a rough time Peace - you have talked yourself out of the bottle already - good for you, it won't help. No need to go into any details but I know when I'm having a rough time I find it can help to camp out here on the site a bit and use other peoples strength for a little while? We are all here as we have been for eachother all month - thinking of you
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi peace, I'm sorry things are tough, but as everyone else has said, you have friends here to support you and listen to you. It sounds like you already know yourself how to approach this situation differently than before, i.e. by finding a different means of diffusing the stress than reaching for a bottle. I don't know what's up, but it is said that there is no way around problems, the only way is through them. Sp AL is only a diversion, and it won't make any problem go away. I am slowly learning this myself :l

Mind yourself, be kind to yourself and I will be thinking of you xx
              AF since 13th July 2010
              NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Thank you everyone :hug:

I am feeling so much better than earlier..I couldn't talk about it earlier as I was rambling and wouldn't make sense, I kept editing etc...lol

My sobriety is remaining # 1 priority, it will only make me stronger and healthier.

thanks again :h

Found this guy....
                eace:

Comment

Ah Peace. well done for staying positive. Every struggle will make you stronger. x
                  Be strong-
                  We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                  Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Sorry you are having a difficult time right now, but sounds like you are doing better. Sending good thoughts your way. Take care of yourself.

Comment

Sending you strength and resilience Peace, dig deep...its worth it
                      I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Hi Peace,
                        Just sending my support. :l:h
                        I think this is when you can really practice ODAT techniques. You'll feel better tomorrow if you stay sober today. My thoughts are with you. :l:h

Comment

Peace- Sorry to hear you are going through this. Sending you positive thoughts...stay strong - we're here for you! :l :h
                          :heart: AF since 29th August 2010 :heart:

Comment

Well done on posting instead of caving to the craving. This is a good place to come when you're feeling vulnerable and fragile. I often rush thru the door to my computer to touch base with my MWO friends so I understand what this site means to you. We will all be here to help.
                            :h Mish :h
                            :h Mish :h
                            sigpic
                            Never give up...
                            GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                            Remaining a perpetual possibility
                            Only in a world of speculation.
                            What might have been and what has been
                            Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Thanks everyone :h

You are so right Mishmash, this site is really, truly helping me stay sober. I know if I wander and decide to not come here I will drink. It has happened in the past, I would be so determined and come here faithfully for a couple of weeks then I would think I can handle it on my own and bam back to the bottle. It is my AA, I am not comfortable with going to a face to face meeting (yet) so this is my 90 meetings in 90 days ( and beyond)

Comment

Working...
                              X