Sober October Challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober October Challenge!

After the sucess of September lets carry on! Sober October everyone. Come and join us day 1 or 101 ! I'm starting today on 40 days AF and I couldn't have done it without the support of MWO. :l :h
    :lilangel:

Sober October Challenge!

:thanks: I am glad you started this Spinning J.
    I too got so much from the September gang. When ever I felt I was going to drink i just logged on and found someone in the same boat as myself.
    I hope the others feel the same and join the Sober October

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

for starting this thread, I'm at the airport but couldn't resist the temptation to check in quickly. Count me in, I made it through yesterday guys and am on Day 38 AF and I only made it through September with the sheer determination and support of all you guys. Onwards and upwards in October but it's always ODAT - last night was a real test for me but I survived - catch up with you over the weekend.

A warm welcome to any newbies no matter what day you are on we are all in the same boat and all relatively new to this ourselves.

Dewdrop :h
      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

You're not getting rid of me you lot! I'm here and shouting WE ARE BRILLIANT!! Off to work and will deffo be back this evening to find out our plans and projects for the month. Seeing as its your thread SJ you're the bosser of us:H:H
        Molly
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

By the way, we were sober last month for 2,592,000 seconds. Anyone who had a little glitch, just subtract the no. of seconds and you're still in the millions!! (figures courtesy of JC:H)
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

:thanks:
            Spinning J, for starting the month off.

You can't get rid of me and Molly easily.

October last year was a very special month for me. I went to my 1st AF wedding, 1st AF holiday and my AF 1st flight.

Well done, Dewdrop, I know it can't have been easy:l and lovely to see you on board for another month,anon.

J x
            :l
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Can I join in? I'm 12 days af today and want to keep the momentum up!

Chook

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Deep breath. OK. I'm in. x
                Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Count me in. Got in early this month, not half way thru!

Hi Chook, nice to see you again.

Hey Moll, JC, Anon, SpinningJ, Dewdrop, Angel.

I felt so much enthusiasm from you guys last month and I am hoping to feel the same soon. I am struggling abit at the moment..... it's all the old triggers..... it's Friday, my husband is out, my daughter is at a sleepover....all the old reasons that I would get a bottle or two and get plastered by myself. So am going to do something different and sidetrack my mind! And stick around here tonight.

Lets hope lots more of us join this challenge and get to October 31st (and beyond) SOBER!

Take care

Hipster
                  I finally got it!
                  "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Hi everyone,

I am in , I would miss you guys way too much as we have really formed a wonderful community here. Welcome to everyone joining this month, you will find it a tremendous support as I did. September presented with many challenging situations with having a social event almost weekly - where booze was flowing plenty. I know I was riding on the high of deciding to quit and I hope it continues. I am liking who I am again and I don't want to screw it up with AL.

Hippy Chick, that is my exact trigger - being alone...It is tough, but each time we make it through those situations it does get easier the next time. I found I had to go out and drive somewhere, visit a friend or go shopping until the urge went away.

Great sober weekend ahead.

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Ooh-Another October thread! Okay-Definitely count me in -I am so psyched! Day 5 for me and
                      looking forward to many more alcohol free days-
                      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Couldn't resist checking in to see who's on board!!! Hiya anon, Dewdrop, Molly, JC, Hipster and welcome Chook and angel. It's raining heavily here but it's not going to get me down. Hope everyone has a happy sober weekend. We can do this ! xx

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Hiya Peace and fluff !

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Good morning, Oksoberians! Close to completing month 3. No beer steins and wienerschnitzel in this girl's future (well, maybe weinerschnitzel). xoxo Pride
                            AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                            "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Happy Sober October to all! Count me in as well, as this group/thread has helped me remain AF for 24 happy days. As always, I fear the weekend which can bring lonliness but I hope to stay busy and focused on continuing my AF life.

Comment

Working...
                              X