• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober October Challenge!

Anon - so you're going back to AF?

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Choocie --Oh yes I think AF was so brilliant. For some moderation is an option but I only drink to get drunk and that was what I realsed at mile 12!!
      One drink will never be enough for me.

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Hi Gang!
        60 days AF for me today :yay::yay:.
        I'm feeling so much happier and healthier not to mention slimmer! My relationships have improved and generally it's all good! From now on I will just be counting the months
        Anon sending you a big :l. You stopped after half the bottle and didn't get drunk thats got to be a good thing. I'm amazed at how much you run! My 20 mins this am seems nothing! Lol. I'm glad you posted.
        Anyway I'm off to cook a nice big curry for tea ( dinner!!!).
        :h
        :lilangel:

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Hi everyone! Anon, well done on picking yourself back up again. Personally, I don't think the slip itself is the most important thing, but rather how you deal with it after. To err is human, as they say. But you sound like you are pretty sorted - maybe it had to happen in order to remove all thoughts of moderating? I'm at about 3 months, and I find its a very slow process for me to accept that I will be AF for good. I guess that's why they say ODAT! I'm really glad you were able to share what happened here - it really is a team effort, isn't it.

Well, on another note, I got shoes to go with my dress for tomorrow night! I am a terrible shoe shopper - I was born without the gene that tells you what shoes look good and what one's don't. But I like these ones, so I'm happy. I was going to buy this gorgeous winter coat that I've had my eye on for aaaaages in Debenhams, cause I thought it was in the sale. Spent about 20 mins trying on 2 different sizes about a hundred times (it's a pricey coat, had to be sure!) and talking to the sales assistant who got me to try on about 100 scarves with it, and who told me to wear make up and eye shadow for my date (I was sans make up at the time!). Then I went to pay and it wasn't in the sale so i couldnt buy it- boo! I actually got sad for a minute, then realised that it was only a coat
          AF since 13th July 2010
          NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Cross post, SJ! Congrats on 60 days to you and Choice - brilliant!!! :goodjob:
            AF since 13th July 2010
            NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Hey peeps! We have a big event on the boards today, TLRGS has 3 YEARS!! (10-21 thread on General Discussion). T has been my personal biggest inspiration, and is a friend to all. Please feel free to come by and read his post (he's a terrible speller!:H) and feel free to leave a post. Thank friends.
              Ruby
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Excellent Job Spinning J on 60 days....thats amazing!!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Well done SJ, definitely months to be counted from now on!
                  Anon, the big positive is that you stopped at half a bottle - the danger would be (if you were me) that you could go on just having half a bottle whenever you want to. To be able to do that is the dream of so many people on this site, but unfortunately, the reason most of us are here is cos maybe we can do it once or twice, but it is indeed a slippery slope for the majority of people. Good on you going for the run and clearing your head.
                  Neart, you're like me with the coat - I'm still looking at one in Shaws - every other shagging coat in the shop is on sale except the one I want. Am in Drogheda again tomorrow so will have another look in case they've included it!! Best of luck with the date - any chance of a few piccies on Sat? Why can't Jodie make it till 11pm by the way, I seem to have missed that bit? Firefox is coming too - can't wait to match up folks with faces!!
                  Hey Choochie, Peace, Dewdrop and everyone else around, am off for the weekend now till Tuesday, Bank holiday here so will be round loads
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Well done SJ .Hard work has paid off defo count in months.
                    Yes Molly half a bottle of wine could certainly lull me into a false sense of invincibility. I know what a liar this disease is. It is a slippery slope.

My run was so hard and long I can hardly walk now.

Neart and Molly I would buy the coats and treat yourselves. Think of all the money you have saved on booze. I hope you have a great meet up tomorrow I would love to be a fly on the wall.

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

D'ya know Anon I WOULD buy the coat cos yes I have saved so much on not boozing - however, I have bought emmmm.........trousers, skirts, dresses, shoes, bags emmmmmmmmmmmm.......jackets, more shoes, more bags.......... all on the strength of what I've saved not boozing - could the coat be just a teenyweeny step too far?!:H
                      Molly

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Ahh Choice I'm so sorry, 60 days for you too - WELL DONE GIRL!! Another one in the months!!!
                        Molly

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Choice I so agree with you on the ODAT philosophy, even at nearly 60 days I still have to keep guard and can?t take anything for granted, the other afternoon I had a strong urge and if I had been in a situation where booze was available I don?t know if I?d have caved and had some. Anon I can so relate to your situation and having that wine, however you only had a few and then got right back on the wagon again so huge respect to you :l

Peace I love the new avatar and I?m sorry that you are still having drinking dreams ? isn?t that bizarre ?? Must admit I have never had one so far. Oh and 53 days is just brilliant. Molly a sober holiday will be another new experience and possibly another milestone for me but I?ll worry about that come the time. My word there are just so many new experiences once you are sober.

Neart good luck on the job front and just think all those interviews are giving you the experience you need so that when The Right Job comes along you?ll sail through it. Sorry to hear about your lovely coat but keep an eye on it because these sales come along all the time and often things are marked down for no apparent reason. Evening to Choochie (nearly at Day 20!!) and Spinning those months will just ratch up now, Firefox and to anyone else I might have missed. October seems to be rushing along all of a sudden.

I have taken next week off work as I want to spend some time pottering about the house and garden; I?m planning a trip to Ikea and want to catch up with a few friends. My Mum is coming to spend a couple of nights with me and we are going to go shopping, get our hair cut and just enjoy each others company. We don?t do enough of that and she really appreciates the quality time.

I?m off to check out a few of the threads to see how everyone is. Have just discovered mice in the eaves of the house so I have some company tonight :disgusting:

Dewdrop :h
                          Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Hi Dewdrop, just heading to bed and spotted your post. I envy you spending some time with your Mum. My mum died 2 yrs ago and I miss her terribly. We were great friends as well as mother daughter and we used to have brilliant fun shopping and generally having trips out and good craic! Have a lovely week off, I'm off till Tuesday as well so I'm sure we'll be on here a bit
                            Molly

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Sorry missed you Choice WELL DONE!!

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Hi everyone sorry i haven't posted lately on this tread but i had a few slipups and some miner stress. Haven't done so well this month but i keep trying. I got my hair cut and coloured last week which was badly needed. OOh i would love a new winter coat but any i have seen that i like are too pricey right now. My poor cat hurt his paw and has to to Irish blue cross for an x-ray next week and to be nutered. He's on another coarse of tablets so thank God for blue cross mobile clinics and surgery other wise i would have huge vet bills which i can't afford. He's getting better but still hobbling around on his back right paw. Mostly he just dozes and rests on the sofa. Well i'm off to bed shortly good night and looking forward to meeting you all on saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X