Sober October Challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober October Challenge!

Hi, I'm in!! What a great way to enjoy the fall! This is a first for me and because of all this support, still going strong at 6 days AF!! I'm can also relate to the drinking alone! Best times for me were with me, myself, I and Chard! Tonight I think I will rent the movie with Meg Ryan, when a man loves a woman. She plays an alcoholic in that movie, will give me something to think about this weekend if i have a moment of weakness!

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

I remember that movie- along with " The Days of Wine and Roses" with Jack Lemmon and Lee Remick...have a good weekend, Sobergirl and congrats on day 6!:goodjob:
      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Count me in! Only day two for me so I plan on sticking close to site all weekend. I feel so fresh this morning, wish I could bottle this feeling as a reminder when I start to get the dangerous urge...

Guy
        Day 2 AF!!!
        "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

I'd like to join the October AF month!

I was doing so good and then wham over the weekend! I'm picking myself back up and want to join if I may.
          Thanks for starting this threat and being here!

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Hi mere, Guy , sobergirl and tired glad you are joining in! New month , new start . Sobergirl I remember that film it was good. It must be quite hard to act drunk??? I've got a cake for tonight and I'm going to watch 'True Blood' and then Strictly Come dancing a bit of a contrast! Will check in tomorrow. Pride well done on your AF time I hope that will be me in about 7 weeks!!
            x
            :lilangel:

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

I'd like to join in! I'm on Day 8.
              ?A year from now you will wish you had started today.? Karen Lamb

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

I'm joining too! I am on day 17 after a slip, but I had 160 before that...so I'm not sure how to count exactly. My signature has my previous days in parenthesis along with my current days. I refuse to give up those 160 days

Can't believe it's October! It's actually raining a little here...wish I was at home reading a book! I hope everyone had a great sober day and weekend

K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

I like the sound of OcSober!! After a computer malfunction (two weeks down!) I am back up and running. Been missing everyone ALOT, and grateful to be back online.

Glad to see my girl K-9 doing so good! Boy, I have alot to catch up on!!!
                  I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Having major major cravings-- lots to drink in the fridge. I have tried a long bath, relaxation, distraction by talking to myself. I would be so fed up if I gave in today as I have been af for 27 days and have loved being in control. Where is it coming from?? I have had an ok day no grumps with husband nothing out of the ordinary except craving and eating chocolate. HELP:upset:

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Anon,
                      Sorry to hear you're struggling, but good job in posting. You are doing so good with 27 days so far...you really don't want to mess that up! Don't let the beast convince you that you need to drink in order to be okay...you DON'T! Think of how you will feel after drinking, sick, tired, disgusted, disappointed...
                      Remember, cravings don't last as long as a hangover.
                      Please try to stay strong, I KNOW you can do this! :h
                      K9

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Hi all Sober October Buddies,

I am waiting for a flight home and happy to be avoiding all the free alcohol in the lounge, there are so many folk topping up their glasses and slugging it down, I wonder how many have cars at the other end? I have kept my job so no redundancies in this house :happy::happy: although we lost about 30% of our employees with more to come in another year. I feel so sorry for the ones who have lost their jobs as they will be finishing up at Christmas :crap:

Last night was a real toughie for me as a group of us were staying in the same hotel and after the meeting they all headed to the bar, I snuck up to my room but within about 10 mins 3 had called me and asked me to come down. I said I had run a bath and would catch up with them later but I was craving really badly, took L-glut and kudzu and read for a while then went out for a walk (sneaking past the bar!) Dinner was kinda similar in that the drink was flowing and I was urged to have one most of the evening. I just said that I wasn?t in the mood for a drink and wanted to be clear headed in the morning for the flight. I was relieved to get back to my room at 10.30 and some of them were out at a club till 4am so they were a sorry looking bunch this morning and have been the same all day.

I do feel that I have climbed a hurdle and have gained more confidence in handling these situations and I am seeing people in a different light being the only sober one. It's not easy though and would be much easier to just have a drink and fit in - is that habit or what?? My goodness there was a lot of rubbish talked after a few bottles of wine, I did enjoy a lot of the banter though and it was great to remember it all this morning, I was the one reminding many of them things they had said and done. I felt great when I woke up and was so, so so, glad I hadn?t given in to temptation.

It'll be good to get home later and snuggle up in my own bed.

Dewdrop :h
                        Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Dewdrop,
                          I am so proud of you for overcoming temptation to drink, that took a lot of strength and courage. I don't know how well I would do in that situation. I was always a private drinker, and my group of friends and family has never encouraged me to drink around them. My struggles were always an inner-battle. So I have to tell you that I am highly impressed with your strength! Get home safely and enjoy your own bed, and a happy, sober weekend!
                          K9

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Anon just read your post, hang in there I felt the same last night and I am so glad today that I kept going. You have come a long way and you know what the urge will pass soon whether you have a drink or not so make sure you don't. Can you talk yourself into hanging in for the 30 Day mark and then decide after that, I mean you've done 27 days so whats a couple more ?? Drink lots of water with lemon, eat yourself full so there is no room for booze - do anything you can, keep posting here and reading.

I know you can do this, I have complete faith in you :l

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Crossed post K9, thanks for the kind thoughts, it's a difficult battle and we all have our own one to fight !!

Love the new avatar she/he looks lovely.

Comment

Sober October Challenge!

Thanks Dewdrop, that's my new little guy that I'm bringing home tonight! Cant wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X