Hunger Craving Alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunger Craving Alcohol

Does anyone feel like hunger and craving alcohol are the one and the same?
    Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Hunger Craving Alcohol

Yes, there is a definite correlation between blood sugar being low and us drinkers choosing alcohol first to fix it. In fact I just had a HUGE hankering for a glass of wine because it is Friday after all so instead I made up a bowl of spicy noodles and now the glass does not sound so appealing. Even popping a piece of hard candy can help take the craving away, for a while anyhow. I think most of us are just used to going to our drink of choice instead. I saw a doctor on the TV yesterday talking about how when our brains are talking to us saying it wants to be fed, whether it be food, water, or sleep it is up to us to decide what to feed it. The brain is not saying, "feed me wine, it is the only thing that will work right now." I thought of that today when I got an urge. We can make the choice to feed our brains something healthier.......hopefully more often than not!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hunger Craving Alcohol

Low blood sugar is a big deal. Hypoglycemia can turn me into a crazy woman.

One of the tenets of traditional programs is HALT - don't get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired. Of the four, going hungry is probably the most dangerous for me. I don't notice the blood sugar drops so sharply lately, but maybe the supplements are helping with that.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Hunger Craving Alcohol

HALT

These four little letters are helping me immensely.... I often drink when I am hungry and or tired. I have been going to bed at 9pm to beat the cravings for both the last few weeks. The fact that I am falling asleep right away is proof that I need sleep more over than the booze.

The only other thing I am also checking on is "P" for pain... when I have a headache- a simple glass of wine or two would help alleviate the discomfort better than anything. Now I am taking two Motrin and a 20 mins rest... not as quick a fix as a drink- but, it also seems to be working.

Skootie
        "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Hunger Craving Alcohol

Only last week I was happy to skip dinner one night altogether, in fact hardly eating all day.... instead drank two bottles of wine that night. Not good, had a terrible hang over the next day, probably because there wasn't even any food to dilute the alcohol.
          Really don't want to do that again!

Comment

Hunger Craving Alcohol

Does anyone start to gain or lose weigh when they stop drinking. I initially lost about 6 pounds. I'm on day 10. I have my appetite back in a big way and fear that I will gain a lot of weight.
            Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Hunger Craving Alcohol

I so relate to you.For me I try to bring a little bag of fresh vegetables..It helps

Comment

Hunger Craving Alcohol

wings.. good to see you posting... it helps too!!!
                brigid

Comment

Working...
                X