2nd Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Day

I found the book. I'd already taken the All One vitamins when I was a runner & I still had some! I also had some Topomax I ordered the CDs & the starter pack & I was off yesterday! I listed to the CDs w/my little puppy on the bed so not sure if that worked out too well but...no craving. I need help with the biggest problem & it's one I usually have. Please help! I have tried to stop drinking my wine in the box....x one week is the longest I've ever gone. I get so sleepy.....I can barely function. Any ideas? I am so happy to be here! I look forward to making some new friends and being a new friend to others. I live in Sunny Florida!

2nd Day

Hi & welcome Irishgrl to mwo, you have come to a great community with lots of support & great advice from people who know what your going through, so remember you are not alone, read as many posts and threads as you can, post daily your thoughts and feelings, we are all here to help each other, :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

2nd Day

Paula-have you read the book are you taking the vitamins -how about topomax?
      Irish girl- I have the same problem I get so tired no energy! I am taking vitamins -I think it is part of the detox from getting the al out of your system. I have been busily reading posts on this and other threads and I believe that this is a normal reaction. After a while and I think it is very individual it will pass!:new::welcome:
      sigpic[I]

Comment

2nd Day

Hi Irishgrl and welcome! I am so glad you've found us! We understand what you are going through, and how difficult it can be at times. Please keep reading and posting. I look forward to getting to know you!
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

2nd Day

I have the book, I'm ok for a while, then I just lose control. I need to remember how bad I feel next time a drinking thought enters my head. I go to AA, and I did ring somebody today,which is good for me. I continue to beat myself up, which I know is not good. My poor husband is at a loss to know what to do. I know it will pass, but I feel I can't go on like this.

Comment

2nd Day

Hi Irishgrl, Britches and Paula - welcome to MWO. There is a lot of support here, so read around and post wherever you feel comfortable. Lots of advice here from people who are so helpful and supportive - it still amazes me!
            AF since 13th July 2010
            NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

2nd Day

Hi Irishgrl and Welcome

This is Day 2 for me as well. May I suggest walking 30 mins and lots of healthy food to help with your energy levels. If you have been drinking to supply you with calories you need to replace this with good food and water to give you the energy you need, and don't forget that after a few days you will start to feel better but you are not out of the woods yet. This is a marathon not a sprint - OK?

Great to have you here. Keep reading lots and sharing your thoughts. You can do this, we don't need the wine to be happy. Lets give it up together.

Kind regards
              Hazeleyes
              Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

2nd Day

Paula, is rehab an option? :l Never give up! You are right - calling someone is such an important step forward. Isolation is my worst enemy when it comes to AL. Knowing that is not enough. I have to ACT on that knowledge and come out of isolation (call someone, go to a meeting, etc.) if a thought of drinking even crosses my mind. Being alone dwelling on thoughts of drinking is just not good for me. Sounds like maybe we are similar in that regard.

Irishgal, welcome and positive sober vibes to you! I think feeling tired is normal when coming off AL. I know I felt exhausted. That feeling will pass. Remember we are used to taking a drug (alcohol) whenever we are feeling _______________ (fill it in) to try to change how we feel. THAT is what is not normal!

AL is never the answer to a physical problem. If the exhaustion persists, check it out with your doctor. I found out I was hypothyroid and once I started taking thyroid meds to correct that, my energy returned. AL certainly did not help, ever.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

2nd Day

Rehab is not really a solution for me, I work in a small hospital that has facilities,they have helped me before, but not an option now.

Comment

2nd Day

AF 8 days!

Yippee! I have gone AF 7 days before but never 8. Every little thing. I've had a few tough moments...I've been faithfully listening to the CDs every night and taking all the supplements and Topomax. Amazingly, I'm a bit less tired THANK YOU ALL for the kind words.....Every moment w/o AL is one moment AF! I feel so much better about myself If I forget something I know I just forgot it, not that I was drunk and forgot!! Big difference! Paula, you can do it! I think following the complete program is really making the difference. I'm not even sure how I found it, but, I am so glad I did & I'm so glad it was there for me! Thank you all & I will continue to write and read....it seems there are quite a few dog lovers out there. I have a little min pin. He is quite adorable. I am hopeful now that I'm not head over heels into my "box 'o wine" that I will make time to take a few pics of him and post them.

Comment

2nd Day

Irishgirl well done and congratulations on 8 days doesn't it just feel brilliant to get alcohol out of your system - it's amazing how much better life gets within a short space of time. Keep posting and hang in there :l

Dewdrop :h
                      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

2nd Day

Congratulations, Irishgirl, on day 8 AF.

Comment

2nd Day

Congrats Irishgirl on 8 days AF! That is wonderful. Oh how I (barely) remember that dreaded Box-O-Wine. Well, let's just suffice it to say it's a very good thing those days are over! Yes there are many dog lovers here. Would love to see pics of your min-pin. We have 5 dogs - all big ones. Someday I'm going to have a little bitty doggy all my own!

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

2nd Day

Irishgirl - just want to say congrats to you on day 8!

Comment

Working...
                            X