Haven't started......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't started......

I am really hoping to start the program soon.......... I met with my GP last tues. and spoke with her about it. I brought her the MWO book and a report about topiramate (released by Topamax for off label use in acohol dependence). She asked that I give her a week to look it all over and consult some of her colleagues. Has anyone heard of a doctor refusing to prescribe Topomax? What would I do then?
    :new:

Haven't started......

you could go to another doctor,or it can be ordered online. if you have insurance the other doc might be your best bet. at least she told you she would look into it...some wont even do that.

Comment

Haven't started......

Hi,
      You can go ahead and start with the supplements and then work on the medication. There are quite a few of us using the supplements only. Good luck!
      spacie

Comment

Haven't started......

my doctor put me on lexapro and told me to see a therapist. the only thing the lexapro does is make it easier to drink. i wake up feeling like crap and hungover..take the lexapro and it eases all the anxiety. an unusual reaction, that's what the therapist said. i want to drink in moderation and i do well for a while and then wham. i do not overindulge when i go out it's when i'm home. i started back on the supplements today and am thinking about finding someone else to prescribe the topomax but i'm scared of side effects. i cannot afford to be the least bit "loopy" in my profession.

Comment

Working...
        X