Dear MWO Beauty- full people! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear MWO Beauty- full people! :)

Well, not sure if you all know but I have recently had a downfall.:upset: By downfall (twice) you all know what that means. SOOOO, I started AGAIN on the 3rd of October. So five days AF now. I feel embarrassed actually to say that I drank after 28 AF days and then felt soooo guilty and then two days later drank again? I think logic decided to take a little holiday. Meh. I am really determined to do it and even if I fall again 30+ times I don't care I will never give up.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions.

:h to you all:l
    Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Dear MWO Beauty- full people!

Hi Angel,

I have fallen thirty thoasand times in the last ten years, but each time I got up dusted myself off, learned a little bit more about myself and the addiction and moved forward. Logic does seem to go for a holiday when you fall off the wagon and it is baffling. You sound very determined and it is this determination that will take you to ultimate success. I have this saying that seems to fit the way that I operate "FAIL YOUR WAY TO SUCCESS". I dont see my slips as failings, more as stepping stones to success through trial and error. Try not to feel embarrassed about drinking after 28 days. I know its hard because we tend to be beat ourselves up and forget all about what we have achieved so far. 28 days is a damn fine effort, so dont discount that. We are in this together and there is strength on these boards. Sending you good vibes Angel, Saffy
    I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Hi Angel, fantastic for you getting up and starting again!!!
      I too had a major fall but it didnt just last 2 days it has lasted over a month... more and more and more than what I had been drinking before.
      It's incredible how when we start drinking agin everything good seems to go out the window(did for me anyway)
      Anyway lets get back on that path
      Take care
      Patrice

Comment

Angel - wonderful to have you back on board! I truly believe every single slip is neccessary to get us to that place when enough is finally enough. Something will have resonated this time which wasn't there before. Wishing you much love and strength.
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Angel, I agree with everyone before, and it is hard to get back up - when we let booze back into our system it has a grip that seems tougher each time - that, more than the 'slip' itself is the problem - to me anyway. And yes you sound determined, and that determination will do it for you. Definitely, if we learn by our mistakes we'll be stronger
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

'Until lambs become Lions'

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

:l
              As everyone before said, dust yourself off and keep to this site. Your determination is evident, it's the addictive voice that is very strong. This is my fourth attempt the past two years, this time it feels different. We learn from each roadblock we face and conquer.

Glad you came back, it's easy to not to and keep drinking to ease the guilt and shame. :h

Comment

Angel, you will do it, I started to feel the guilt from drinking when I was in my early 20s and struggled since then, I can't tell you how many times I tried, but I never gave up and just celebrated my 4 month alcohol free, does not mean every now and again I don't think about it, but that physical urge is gone. You will get there as long as you never give up and it sounds to me like you never will.

Great job on 5 days!!!

Comment

Been there, done that! Stay Strong and get back on the horse!
                  "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Hi Angel!
                    It happens. The important thing is that you jumped right back on here. I slipped after 160 days and I felt sad, disppointed, guilty, ashamed, etc, etc. All we can do is learn from it and try not to let it happen again. I am now on day 23 again after my "slip", and I am more determined than ever that I will get back to day 160 and beyond!!! You CAN do this, and we are here to help by offering support and encouragment. Hang in there, stay strong, and remember how good you felt at 28 days! :l
                    K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey guys feeling very weak at the moment so the reply wont be long sorry, just wanted you all to know i appreciate that you care enough to post! looooooove x

Comment

Hi Angel!
                        Sorry you are feeling weak. What can you do right now to ride out the craving? A bath, a walk, read a book, watch a movie? Or just stay on here and talk to us?
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi K9 I ended up just putting on a relaxation CD which helped, and i went to sleep. Just now, I had a shower and am watching television. I haven't caved and it is day 6 now. SOOOOO hopefully I wont give in. Thanks for your message!

xxoxoxo

Comment

Hi Angel,

I havent had the chance to get to know you much, but I hope that changes! I enjoy your posts and hope you are doing great today! I watched that song you posted in "what we believe". What a beautiful song. I know you believe in God. You know He has the strength even when you feel you dont. Lean on Him and lean on us, thats what we are here for.
                            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

hi overit I hope it changes also! Um one thing though, that post wasn't me it was pink angel. haha Although, I do believe in god. I actually have been to a hillsong camp with my sister. It was def an experience. If it's my post's not pinks that you are talking about, thank you! haha

x

Comment

Working...
                              X