Did Something 4 Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Something 4 Me

I had an idea to encourage myself a bit and to remind me daily that i have to keep fighting. The idea I actually stole from ChickenNumber3 thread .. String a few AF pearls together.

I went out and bought an inexpensive charm bracelet and a charm for each day i have been AF. I will buy one for each day i succeed for a full week.; and after that one for each week i am AF in a month. Then i probably will go for one for each month

This is day four for me, so i bot a dove, a flower, a dragonfly and a 4 leaf clover. I am confident, so i went ahead and bot a peace symbol to put on tomorrow.

Just thot i would share, in case it would help anyone else make it thru each day. Something similar has probably already been suggested, but I havent read all the posts here yet.

Hope ...that is what i have today, that i didnt have 4 days ago.
    YOU CREATE YOUR OWN REALITY

Did Something 4 Me

What a lovely Idea Bratty.....I really like the iea of the symbols to represent AF time.
    You GO girl!!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Did Something 4 Me

Bratty every little or big thing we can do to stop helps. one day at a time

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Did Something 4 Me

Thank you all... I was excited this morning to get to put my next charm on for Day 5 AF and will spend some time thinking what special charm i want to buy to celebrate a full week.

I am like a little kid...lol.. just put a prize in front of me and i will work harder.:H

Comment

Did Something 4 Me

great idea!!!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Did Something 4 Me

Hey Bratty - glad to see you're still here - me too! This will be day 6 for me. Feels really wonderful to wake up refreshed! I think the sleep difference and this website will enable me to stay AF. Hope your bracelet idea works for you - they say rewarding yourself is essential. I read a book that talked about that very thing, so you're on to a good idea.

Comment

Did Something 4 Me

Bratty, love the idea.

Comment

Did Something 4 Me

Good Morning all! It is sunny here in VA and will be a great day...........going for a long walk.Starting out the week AF and intend to stay that way. This site really helps.:h
                sigpic[I]

Comment

Did Something 4 Me

Thanks... Hope it helps someone else like it is me. I just love this site. It is so encouraging and the people here are great. I dont feel so weak and helpless anymore

Comment

Did Something 4 Me

Hi Bratty!
                    I love your idea! I put stickers on a calendar for each of my AF days, I guess it just helps to look and see them all side by side (I use cute ones like Tinkerbell or My Little Pony...lol) Sometimes we just need a visual to help us keep going!
                    Way to go on your AF days! Keep up the great work!!
                    K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Did Something 4 Me

Hi K9.

That's a great idea. I will have to get me some stickers ! The visual at my desk will be a great reminder.

The bracelet helps me alot cuz it is dangling to remind me of my success. Dont wanna screw that up. And besides, I like presents , even if they are from ME...lol

My son text me tonight to tell me how proud he was of me and that it takes alot of strength to do this. Made me feel really good.

Comment

Did Something 4 Me

Hi Bratty!
                        Some of the best presents I ever received were from ME. LOL
                        That's so cool about your son texting you...it's nice when other people notice our efforts, and acknowledge that this ain't easy!!
                        This morning I told my daughter "8 days" (she knows I'm talking about my number of nicotine-free days) and she raised her fist so we could fist-bump. LOL
                        I really do like your bracelet idea, I may have to try that myself. There's no end to the things you could make, a necklace, an anklet, some doggy jewelery...LOL
                        Keep hanging in there my friend!
                        K9

p.s. I've found the cutest stickers at the 99cent store

Comment

Did Something 4 Me

Hey K9 you quit smoking too? Pretty soon you'll have no vices left, then what?!

Comment

Did Something 4 Me

Hi Seethepony!
                            Well....I still have food! And a good book....and my dogs....

Comment

Working...
                            X