Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rehab really works!

Hi all,

I've not been here for awhile as I have been in rehab/sorting my life out..
    I just want to say that I went to rehab for 6 weeks with my son (it was a women's/children's rehab) and it was FANTASTIC!
    I learnt so many useful life skills and really had fun many times.. meeting the other women there was great too.. we all helped support each other..
    I just want to say that I now have not had a drink for over 4 months and feel no desire too.. we learnt skills relating to "dialective behaviour therapy" and they are skills to use in everyday life.. and I feel so much happier and confident as a result..
    I want to advise anyone that is having difficulty with their drinking to maybe look to rehab as a great way to change your life for the better - to stop repeating past mistakes over and over again.. but to look around for a rehab that will be suited to you and all your needs..
    I hope everyone is well, and i still thank this site for helping me through some really difficult times,
    Katie xxx
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Rehab really works!

Wow Katie - that's fantastic. I very much remember your struggle back then and I'm so happy to read that you've turned things around. A wonderful new life for you and your boy. Congratulations.

Comment

Rehab really works!

That is great news Katie! Glad to hear things are going well. Congratulations on your sobriety and your new lease on life!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Rehab really works!

KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO HAPPY TO SEE YOUR POST GIRL!!! Im so proud of you for going through rehab and even happier to hear that it WORKS!!! I had no idea you could take your son with you to rehab.

Would love to hear more about your experiences there. I have considered it myself many times.

Glad to have you back Girly!!!
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Rehab really works!

Katie, I am so glad to see you post! I've been wondering about how you are doing. It's just terrific for both you and your son that you've done this.

And it is so great that that Oz is advanced enough to recognise the needs of kids as part of rehab as well and that helps families to stay together instead of ripping them apart.

Look forward to seeing more of you Katie!!
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Rehab really works!

Hi Sweetie...
            welcome home....I have worried about you and thought you had fallen in love and found peace.
            Congrats!!!!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Rehab really works!

Thanks guys!
              I was very apprehensive about going, but glad I did.. everything is really working out for me now..
              Miss Behaving - the place I went to is the only one in Oz that takes children, so i was very lucky to be able to take my son with me - the childcare facility they had there was excellent! We also did yoga twice a week, meditation and had walks to the beach every day.. it was a real "break" from life in which I could learn some fantastic new skills.. I hope everyone is doing well here,
              Katie xx
              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Rehab really works!

That's excellent news, so glad everything is working out for you. Sounds like it was a great place, well done

Comment

Rehab really works!

Katie,

You are doing great and that is wonderful news. I am really happy for you.
                  AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Rehab really works!

Katie!

So glad to hear Rehab was such a positive experience for you! Congrats on your 4 AF months, terrific progress
                    Keep up the great work for you & your son!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Rehab really works!

Katie you sound fantastic, I'm so pleased for you and your little boy :l:l
                      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Rehab really works!

Great stuff katie!!
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Rehab really works!

Katie - awesome news on the rehab!

Id love to hear more about the types of therapy they used if you can share any of it. Im a frustrated would be counsellor and havent heard of "dialective behaviour therapy".
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

Rehab really works!

WONDERFUL KatieB ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Rehab really works!

Katie, that is excellent news, thank you so much for sharing that with us ........ Well Done :l:h:l
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X