X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I am so Angry ?

Is it the Topamax ?

Why I am so Angry ?

Hi Clara and:welcome:. Just read your post on the other thread, I don't know anything about Topomax, I'm sure someone will come along and advise you on that. I actually don't know anything about anything you asked about except anxiety which I had in spades! Have you a doc you can go and talk to? Sounds like you need to talk quite a few issues through with someone experienced in these things.
    Sorry I'm no use to you but this place is great - there is always someone to talk to about stuff - I'm sure someone will be along soon. Keep posting
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Why I am so Angry ?

Clara, YES! It is the Topa! I was on it 2 years ago and the anger was really bad in the beginning. The road rage was insane! It's been awhile, but I don't remember it lasting too long, and I was taking it for about 3 months. How long have you been on it?

Maybe you'll find it helpful whenever you get angry to tell yourself that it's just the topa that's making you feel that way. Hopefully that will help you be able to take a step back and assess the situation to see if there really IS something you are angry about, and if it's worth the energy. Sheri's post in response to your thread on anxiety is a good one, the 15 Ways to Overcome Anger. Maybe utilizing some of those tips will be helpful too.

Hopefully this phase of the topa will pass quickly for you! Good luck!
      Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
      ~Clutch

Comment

Why I am so Angry ?

Hi Clara,

I'm not sure what other issues you have going on (what Molly mentioned) but yes, I experienced a lot of anger whilst on Topa... whether it was the Topa or just coming off the booze I can't say. I had many issues that I had to deal with when I was sober, that I just didn't deal with when I was drunk and couldn't hide behind my glass of wine... so maybe that's also part of it. Just remember that Topa is a TOOL so use it as such.
        Like Isodle recommends, talk to someone, ANYONE as that was the key for me to retain my sobriety. That is the wonderful thing about MWO there is always someone who understands, someone who's there to listen and someone who's non-judgemental.
        Vent away!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
        X