Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Welcome!

Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things to give up in life. If you did that, I bet you have it in you to quit drinking as well! I am still struggling with the smoking......... God, awful habit it is. So, my hat goes off to everyone who has quit!

Hope to see you around. Lots of wonderful people here that can help you along the way!

Comment

Hello

Medic,
      You will gradually learn that you can have a new life, one without alcohol. It will probably include better eating, some exercise, maybe meditation of some kind, some new activities. You will need to do more than just stop drinking, because drinking has influencesd and shaped so much of your life.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hello

Thanks for the encouragement Acc and Sunb. Heading for 48 hrs without the poison. I think I'll graduate myself to general discussion! haha.

See you all around,
        m+dic

Comment

Hello

Fantastic going Medic and I hope you are feeling better. There are a few of us on the Sober October Challenge - why not join us, it's all about trying to get as many sober days as you can in October and there is a huge amount of support and encouragement. The more the merrier.

Dewdrop :h
          Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Hello

Hi Medic, I have just joined the 5 day challenge, just about managble... possibly for me, how do you spell that word??? I find going to chat is great specially in the evening which is my witching hour,maybe see you there sometime I am in the UK too so on the same time ,love and hug's Twitch xxx

Comment

Hello

Hi!
              welcome. My advice to you is to change your routine. To start with stay away from bars, clubs, people who drink, situations where drink is.
              It's hell to quit, with many bumps and battles in the road ahead but it's worth it!!! Just keep trying and trying, brush yourself off it you ever fall down and carry on.
              Stay in touch with us as we are all in the same boat!!

Comment

Hello

These challenges sound fun and a positive direction. I may join you!

Comment

Hello

My advice to you is to change your routine.

Well said Lil.M. :thanks:

Comment

Hello

ps: I hope you find your location very soon.

(hugs)

Comment

Hello

Medic- I am impressed that you can just STOP! That is quite amazing to me. How do you do that?????

Hugs, Sunshinedaisies xx
                      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hello

I can't just stop that easily SSD. I have abdominal pain from boozing and my friend told me about extreme gallbladder pain she experienced because of A consumption which freaked me out.

I still have continuing fears and thought this morning I was going to have a drink tonight, convinced myself actually, and now later after being distracted by life events and obligations I forgot about those desires earlier.

That's not to say I won't do it tonight but I feel ok right now and less tempted. If I can keep that attitude up till 10pm when the shops close for A, I'll have clocked another day.

Returning lots of encouraging hugs,xx

Comment

Hello

Just hoping you can stay strong, Medic. Have you thought about having your gallblader checked?

Comment

Hello

Thanks for your concern Choochie. I would rather not involve doctors because I don't want my health record to state problems with alcohol. Life's hard enough if you get my gist.

(winks)

Comment

Hello

Oh, I totally hear you. I've thought about going for counseling a couple of times and blew it off after remembering a time somewhat recently when we had to self-insure. I had taken Xanax a couple of times with huge chunks of time in between. Boy did they drill me on that (trying to establish if I had an anxiety or depression problem) -- probably would have really ratcheted up our premium. Sucks when you think you can't get help if you need it!

Comment

Hello

You know what I mean Choochie. How can you recover when you're being simultaneously excluded? Anyway, not going to get political - I don't want to drive anyone to drink (laughing).

Made it to 10pm. No alcohol for me tonight. Hooray!!

Comment

Working...
                                X