hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello everyone

i have looked at this site b4 and was a bit confused but today i dont care if i am on the wrong page i know i just ahve to start typing....i ma sick of drinking...i ahd 18 months sobriety through AA but i ahve been drinking for 2 years now after getting to the stage where i just wanted an AA meeting like i want a whole in my head....i hated it......1 thing i do remember though is having alot more control over my life than when i was drinking and after 2 years drinking i want to stop without AA and live my life in a more controlled manner,i know i am a much better person and father and worker ...everything when i am not drinking.......i want to do a month for starters .......was wondering if i should take drugs which is something that i am reluctant to do......or rely on support from this site and some people i met in AA who understand that its not for me..........so i am still confused i guess but today i knew it was time to stop bullshitting myself and start typing and see what advice i get from all you people out there.

thanks for listening

bob

hello everyone

Hi Bobby M....just want to say welcome. You will find some very sound advice when u come here. There r alot of folk who understand. All the very best. Bella XXX

Comment

hello everyone

Hi Bobby and welcome.
      You'll find as much help, advice and support as you need here.
      There are many ways to beat this and I'm sure you'll find yours.
      Good luck.

Comment

hello everyone

Welcome
        I think you will find this site very helpful. I know I have. I am taking antabuse currently to get me going again, although truthfully I wouldn't mind taking it for the rest of my life.
        Hope your day is sober and happy.
        Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
        If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
        November 2, 2012

Comment

hello everyone

Hi Bobby - welcome to the site - there are lots of ways to do this as you know - have you downloaded the book "My Way Out"? You can either download it through the Health Store or buy it as a hard copy. The folks here all have their own way of trying to Quit AL - some have found it, some of us are still struggling. I did use drugs to help me quit- I quit with Topamax for 8 months, then slipped up but am back on the Topa and will stop again - for good this time!! Read, post, ask questions and make a plan. You have done it before, you can do it again. you will find SO much support here. Welcome again - and good luck on your journey!

hugs, Sunshinedaisies xx
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

hello everyone

Bob, I am 14 days AF today - never have gone to AA. This site has made the difference for me (at least so far). I cannot begin to tell you how much better my life is already. I've ordered the books and the meditation tapes for people who want to abstain (not moderate).

From what I know so far, most veterans here will tell you to read everything you have time for on this site -- lots of your questions have probably been answered via other peoples' posts and responses to those posts. Whenever you do want to talk about something, though, the people here are wonderful and will always help you when they can. There is a specific thread on meds which you'll see on the front page.

Best of luck - we are all here for you.

Choochie:welcome:

Comment

hello everyone

Hi and welcome bob to mwo,read as many posts & threads as you can as you will get lots of support and advice from people who can relate to what your going through,hope you stick around & give yourself a chance. :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

hello everyone

Hi bobby and :welcome: If you have spent time reading a lot of posts around this site, then you already know that different things have worked for different people. I think the important thing is the willingness to try something different if what you are doing is not working.

I think it's a great suggestion to download the My Way Out book (from the Health Store) and give that a read. It will give you a baseline understanding of what the My Way Out program is all about. For myself, I started my journey to sobriety will all the elements of the MWO program (as outlined in the book) EXCEPT prescription drugs. That got me going and now for me, I have added AA and that's what works.

This is a great community to work on finding your own way. I'm also glad to hear that you have made some sober friends locally that you have for support. That is awesome.

Strength and hope to you,

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

hello everyone

I'd like to add my welcome to you as well Bob. Best of luck on your journey and I hope to get to know you better!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

hello everyone

Hi. Welcome. If you are reluctant to take drugs then there is not harm trying without them first. It's all about will power and support. We're all here for you. We all understand. Time to get your life back into your hands!!! Keep posting, tell us about yourself, your life ect ect!!!

Comment

hello everyone

:welcome: Bob you've made a great decision to join and reach out to people on this site, there is a wealth of experience and support. I'm nearly 8 weeks AF and did it with the support of the supplements and regular healthy eating and of course checking in here daily at first to get me through all the difficulties.

Look forward to hearing more about you and geting to know you better.

Dewdrop :h
                      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Working...
                      X