X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 week in

Okay;

Day 9.

And it's my first day off in about a month.

I've been taking 140mg of bac every day, and today want to up my dose, today since I'll be home. I've brought a external harddrive with some work to do to keep me busy.

I haven't had much side effects. I do feel a little spacey and out of it, which is unhelpful, as my job requires alot of attention to detail. I'm also getting pins and needles and electric shocks, as well as insomnia (Ive been up since 7am, and I've been working 15 hour days for weeks)

1 week in

Day 9 fair play to ya longshot,
    Keeping busy is also very helpful,dont know much about taking bac myself but if its working for you,well imo that's all that matters,insomnia is also normal when you start to withdraw,keep up what your doing as you must be feeling better than if you were drinking. :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

1 week in

LS - have you tried the meds thread? There's tons of info/experience there. I think quite a few people there are having success with bac. Best of luck to you! It's so worth the fight.

Comment

1 week in

Insomnia goes with the territory I think. Whether you take meds or not.
        Drinking helped me cover the insomnia, but it was always there, lurking in the background.
        Hope Day 9 goes well. Congratulations, keep up the hard work.
        :goodjob:
        Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
        If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
        November 2, 2012

Comment

1 week in

Well done!!! It'll get easier. Your body is detoxing itself. I always look it like, it's your body getting you back for all the abuse you gave it! Hang in there and be proud!

Comment

1 week in

Just wanted to say :goodjob: on 9 days that a brilliant achievement, hang in there and keep posting. I'm not experienced with the meds but I'm sure others will jump in and help, there is a meds section which you should have a read through.

Good Luck, Dewdrop :h
            Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

1 week in

Hi Longshot!
              I just wanted to say congratulations on day 9 (or is it day 10 now?). You're doing a great job, keep it up. Insomnia is part of the process. It can be very frustrating, but it will get better. Just keep doing what you're doing...
              K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
              X