Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need alittle help

day 2 on its way

Thanks to those in the chat room last night helped me keep my mind where it needs to be. So back to work and on day two today sure once i am done at work the little demon will start on me again being Friday and all. I will just come here feel the love and make another day AF.
    This is the first time i had support that i could talk to and that really helps. Can not thank u'all enough.
    GTG later
    spike buck 4:thanks:

Comment

need alittle help

SB, my mom has HCV (she's an RN, got it from a needle stick in the 80s) and is going strong at 71. She takes interferon as needed, but even her doctor told her she'll die of something else at a ripe old age--it's chronic but not fatal if managed.

However, she cannot drink, and you must know you can't either; it's suicide. AL is indeed a dirty rotten little demon, and it doesn't give a shit if it kills you. You can tell it where to go tonight! :moon:

Go into chat again tonight if it starts whining. You have a right to protect yourself from it! xoxox Pride
      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

need alittle help

Hi Spike. The people on Chat are wonderful. They have helped me so much - always willing to guide you. So glad to hear that you are doing well.

Choochie

Comment

need alittle help

Hi Spike, I work with a woman who has Hep C and her prognosis is absolutely grand except she can't and doesn't drink, so probably if you have any need for an incentive that's it? Well done coming here, it's a great place, must try chat myself have only been once or twice, might meet you there!
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

need alittle help

chat keeps my mind off of the demon i am GOING to kick out of my life once and for all

Comment

need alittle help

Hi Spike and :welcome:
              I, too have Geno #1 through a work related injury, but won't do the Interferon and Ribaviran because of the depressive side. Like you, my life is on the line if I keep drinking. I found out about the HCV during a routine blood test five years ago. Fortunately I was passed my lowest point of heavy drinking but still was doing the binge thing.
              Finding this site a fews months ago has thrown me into overdrive seeing doctors, psychiatrists, pharmacists, researching and getting the help I need. From what I've discovered, most of the meds can impact on the liver, but I'm on Naltrexone at the moment. Only second day on it but feel great. And let's face it, wine isn't great for the liver anyway.
              I've taken the attitude that if my liver is going to kill me, then it's going to be on medication, sober and fighting rather than lying down, rolling over and giving in to AL.
              It'll be good if we can stay in touch, and maybe share HCV stories and liver jokes...:H
              :h Mish :h
              :h Mish :h
              sigpic
              Never give up...
              GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
              Remaining a perpetual possibility
              Only in a world of speculation.
              What might have been and what has been
              Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

need alittle help

hi mish

Yesterday was day four and i stumbled. When out to eat with the better half and had one glass of wine. Not a good thing but not bad either. I really did not want any more wound up drinking ice tea for the rest of the meal.I finally proved to myself that i do not need al in my life anymore. It did not even taste good to me anymore this is good.Will be back in the chat room tonight chatting with the nices people getting the support i need.
                Thanks for caring,
                SB4:thanks:

Comment

Working...
                X