I'm Back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Back...

Hey All - Well, I’m back! I went 25 days then went on vacation and slipped---BIG TIME! Got back home and continued for a couple of weeks. I kept telling myself I would start once I completed this bottle. Well when that bottle was empty I found an excuse for just one more bottle, etc. Well if I make it through this evening then I will be on day 5 AF. I was too embarrassed to post until I could get a few AF days under my belt. It sucks having to restart the counter!!!

It’sJustMe
    AF Since 10/17/2010

I'm Back...

Hi IJM!!!
    I'm so glad you're back. Yes, it does suck restarting the counter (I had to after 160 days), but I'm so proud of you for starting over! Congrats on day 5...you're well on your way again. Stay strong my friend!
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I'm Back...

Welcome back ITM and congratulations on 5 days I know how difficult those first few days are so good on you for making the effort and getting back on track. Hope the holiday was enjoyable and look forward to hearing from you.

Dewdrop :h
      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

I'm Back...

Congrats on 5 days AF. I'm betting this was an important experience in your journey. I too just HAD to try my hand at drinking in hopes I was *fixed* and could occassionally drink after 60 days AF. Well, I learned that is a completely and totally impossible idea. There is NO controlled drinking for me. I think unfortunately, I had to learn that one the hard way. Maybe this will end up being good for you in that regard as it was for me and many others.

Onward and forward one day at a time,

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm Back...

Welcome Back It's Just Me

I hope you had a nice vacation and it's great that you want to give AF a go again!

:h

Comment

I'm Back...

Welcome back and kudos for being brave enough to start over!

Comment

I'm Back...

Kudos to you for coming back and starting again.

Comment

I'm Back...

Welcome back IJM! Like you I screwed up royally on a holiday, back in March 2009. I gave myself permission to drink having been really happy sober for a month and a half. Met the friends we were going with and had a champagne breakfast in their house the first day and drank like an animal for a week, ended up fallin on holiday, scarred my face, luckily I wear a fringe so it's not that noticeable, and generally went into that dark place until Christmas 2009 because of that stupid decision. Probably the saddest part of all that was how happy I was sober before I went away! Well done coming back, it took me much longer to face reality!
                Molly
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                X