Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd give MWO a try.

Hello All,

Just needed someone to talk to that would understand what I'm going through. I've quit drinking several times in the past. Each time was for approximately four years. For some reason around the four year mark my mind tells me that it's ok to drink again. I'm not sure why this happens. Anyway, here I am again. Very disappointed in myself and again knowing better. I've been drinking again for almost a year now and I'm just so over this. I'm tired of the way it makes be feel the next day. Not just physically but how I feel about myself. I've never joined a forum before, but after reading your comments I felt there was lots of helpful and encouraging words from so many nice and caring people. I look forward to sharing this experience with you all.

Jeanie :new:

Welcome Jeanie. Wow, sounds like you have a solid track record and will be able to do this easier than most. It is odd how our brains can trick us into doing things we know we shouldn't. If you have quit for that long before I am sure you will be successful this time. I am glad you found us.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thanks

Lush,

Thanks, I know I can do it. I'm just having a hard time making it stick. I just need to stay focused and commuicate with people that care and truly understand. Thanks for your support.

Jeanie

Comment

I Agree

Life can be so tough but you seem to do really well Jeanie. I wish I could go 4 years! You are so close to kicking the addiction out of your orbit. I am really impressed. Wish you luck!

Comment

Hi Jeanie

Welcome... You're at the right place there are so many wonderful people here... justing willing to offer support and help...

Wattle
          Failure is not the falling down... it's the staying down

Comment

G'day Jeanie.This is the right place. Make sure you keep checking in regularly. I must admit, I wish I could make 4 years ... I have problems lasting 4 days! But that's going to change! Let's keep a positive outlook.

:welcome:
            Paddy
            Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Thanks Empty Glass, Wattle and Paddy! Your words of encouragement mean the world to me! I'm so glad I found you. There's nothing we can't do together......

Jeanie

Comment

Working...
              X