Fingers and Toes are numb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been binging quite a bit lately - I really want to quit.

Anyway, I binged 3 days ago and ever since then a couple of fingers and toes have been numb. Like a tingly pins and needles feeling. Do you think this is alcohol related and will it go away? It's driving me crazy!

Faith.....are you Diabetic ? If you don't know...go to your Doctor and find out. Those reactions are usually related to people with Diabetes. ( Clue: Are you over weight, drink a lot of water, urinate a lot. ) Tony
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'd pop into the doctors to just get it checked out.
      Hope it goes away Xxx

Comment

Good idea to go to the doctor's to rule out blood sugar or blood pressure issues. CoEnzyme Q10 is really good for circulation. I particularly echo what Sheri said too!
        The body loves to be healthy!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hi Faith!
          When I was drinking a lot, I would notice tingly feelings too, in my arms and fingers. I have not experienced anything like it since I quit drinking. Alcohol affects our body (negatively) in SO many ways...your binge could definitely be the reason.
          How are you doing today with your drinking? Let us know so we can help you :h
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I am actually going to the doctor now. She tested my blood for several things a couple of months ago, and I didn't hear anything back - which is usually a good sign.

I do have CoQ10 and several other vitamins in my cupboard that I haven't even cracked open. I will today. Thanks for the tips.

I'm not hungover today, so normally I would drink (about a bottle of Chardonnay), but today I won't. My life is starting to spiral downhill quickly, so I need to pull myself up by the bootstraps asap!

Comment

WTG Faith! Fasten dem boots to some suspenders.
              Better yet attach them to the computer! Hope you don't have any Chardonnay in the house.:goodjob:

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Faith, you will get lots of good feedback here - wonderful people who will give you their time. Just read everything you can on the site and post your questions. The Toolbox under Monthly Abstinence is a good place to start.

Good luck - be strong - if you can keep up the abstinence you will begin to feel like a new person. If you can hold on long enough you will not want to compromise the wonderful way you feel without alcohol in your system.

Hugs,
                Choochie:l

Comment

Hi faith & welcome, keep checking in here as we all know what your going through,Withdrawals is the pits but the more alcohol free you get the easier it becomes. :-) hope to see you around.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

So I went to the doc today. Over the summer my doc tested me for everything. As I had not heard anything, I assumed everything was fine. They say they will call you if there is an abnormal result. It turns out that the lab results were missing from my file. We are not sure what happened, but they were not there. The doc called the lab, and they were faxed right over.

Ironically everything like my liver, kidneys, and blood sugar was fine, however, there was blood found in my urine. I now have to go for more tests to see if there is a probem. On the very rare chance that this is cancer, it would have had 3 months to progress. I guess we should never take for granted that no news is good news.

Be proactive about your lab results everyone!

Comment

Faith

Pins and needles/numbness are general side effects of excessive drinking and something I had although not really had it for some years. Alcohol in high doses is really harmful to the body(actually it is in small doses too - something society forgets about!!).

Comment

Working...
                      X