ODAT Tuesday November 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Tuesday November 2

Good morning all. Made it through last night even though there was a bit of a challenge. Had my granddaughter over for the night, so continued with dinner when Hubby came home and had a couple of cold ones from the fridge. Feeling good this am, and positive about this week. Have already made it to the polls to vote and the grocery. I am feeling ahead of the game. Hope you all have a wonderful af Tuesday, and best wishes to you in reaching your goals today!

ODAT Tuesday November 2

Great job last night! It's hard at the time - but so worth it the next day when you wake up feeling great with no regrets... And the PRODUCTIVITY! It always feels great to have the energy and desire to be productive... Something I never feel after I have spent an evening with wine... Thanks for the post.. hope your day stay positive!
    God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

ODAT Tuesday November 2

Day two and hopeful! Good luck to all!
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

ODAT Tuesday November 2

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to figure out where I belong at MWO these days. I used to post with the Mod Squad, then said goodbye when I made a decision that I had to be AF. I did about 6 months AF and have since had a couple of drinks on a few occasions. I feel deeply committed to staying sober - in the sense of never getting drunk again. But like so many people I waver about whether I can manage to safely have one or two glasses of wine once in a while. I know I can never go back to drinking 2-3 glasses of wine several days a week. I wasn't happy doing that, and sometimes it led to more than 2 or 3 glasses.

I was AF from late February until late August. Since then I have had two drinks on about five occasions. I can live with this pattern if I can stick with it and not go sliding down the slippery slope as I have in the past.

So maybe ODAT is what I need for now...Less focus on the future and more on staying AF just for today. That feels less daunting to me. Is this thread where someone like me belongs?

Have a great sober day, everyone!

Sara
        "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

ODAT Tuesday November 2

hello from a very wet Dublin. Another af day for me. If you can stick with modding SS your doing ok as long as you don't go over your limit and fall back in to bad patterns again. I wish i could. Hello to fanccy sg and wagoneer. Well done on your success so far. Day 2 for me again. Forecast for much of this week on our Emerald Isle is more heavy showers till friday. Wish you all another succesful af day.

Comment

ODAT Tuesday November 2

Hello All. I'll just bump this thread for today. I feel like it's Fancy's job to start ODAT.
            I drank Friday night, then last night again. I am leaving in a couple days for a road trip and will definitely put 7 days of af time in.
            Best to all in reaching their goals.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
            X