ODAT Thursday November 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Thursday November 4

Good morning everyone. Awoke refreshed and feeling good today. Made it through another night. Tonight I will be out and about as teenagers chauffeur for tutoring, so I should be good. Make it through tonight, and I will have reached my weekly goal! Didn't do well at all last week, so I am looking to make it up this week! Went out for a little bit of shopping this morning at a thrift store. Now I just need to tackle my own closets and take some items down for donation! I have a hard time letting go of my things though. Maybe soon. Best wishes to you all in reaching your goals for today!

ODAT Thursday November 4

Happy Almost Friday! Today is my day four and for that I am thankful. I am realizing that I don't so much have cravings for the wine, but I drink out of HABIT. I love to cook, and love my glass of wine when I do so. Last night I was making dinner and instead had a nice glass of spicy tomato juice with lemon in a wine glass while I cooked. I didn't even miss the wine. Had fun with my kids while I cooked and felt good actually. I realy need to retrain my brain. I certainly get more done when I am not sipping (or glulping) wine. Hope everyone has a great AF day.
    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

ODAT Thursday November 4

Let's be free of AL today. Count me in for sure! Wagon - the habit of drinking is hard for me to let go of too. Of course, EVERYTHING for me from 5 pm on centered around it, so I'm working hard to get rid of those associations. Cooking was a biggie for me too. I drink hot tea as my replacement which seems to help - sort of a ritualistic feeling to the tea, and it's soothing. I like your spicy tomato drink idea too - will have to try that.

Have a productive, happy, healthy AF day everyone!:l

Hugs,
      Choochie

Comment

ODAT Thursday November 4

Hey All! Cooking and wine were a hand and hand habit for me too. Once in awhile I will allow, but not every day. I like the spicy tomatoe drink too. It's actually been awhile since I've had it. It will be my new kick! Thanks and yes--healthy, happy productive day to all!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

ODAT Thursday November 4

3 down _ _ to go

Great idea this ODAT board. It is so helpful in the first 30 to just stop in and read & or post. Makes me actually think about what I am doing and why. After the 30, at least for me, it then becomes a choice ~ Do I want to drink or not? ~ Nice Avatar Wagon, I also love to cook but when drinking I cook all kinds of food that are not 'very' healthy and when I don't drink my colander is filled with the things I see in your bowl. Here's to day 4 without drinking.
          Happiness & Strength to All

2 7 To Go

Comment

ODAT Thursday November 4

Evening all. Its a very strong windy one here and it started ths afternoon some drizzely rain also. Day 4 for me too. I used to love a few glasses of wne before during and after cooking i would mostly get tru 2 bottles from late afternoon. Way too much way too often. Haven't had strong cravings so far but the thought is always there. I have a head cold and my sinius are blocked so not feeling so well. Just took 2 Ibrufen for the pain. Helps a bit. Might get to bed a bit early. Have a lovely evening whatever your plans and wel done on your success today.

Comment

Working...
            X