Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Tuesday November 9

Hi All,

I am on Day 3 WHEEEEWWW HOOOOOOO!!! But I have a question that is really bothering me. I know that when you follow the 12 steps which I am reading the book and planning to go to a meeting, there is a step where you must go to everyone that you hurt when you were drinking and tell them you are sorry.

Do you have to confess to everything? Can you just tell them you are sorry for your actions?

I did something that was bad and do not want to admit everything.

Thank you,
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I can kick this :new:

Comment

ODAT Tuesday November 9

Tempted, if you go the the AA thread on this site, there are people who are actively involved in AA who could advise you. Here is the link, but for future reference, it's under Monthly Abstinence.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...4-a-46080.html

I've never been to AA, but my understanding of it is that you don't ever want to tell someone something that would hurt them or cause damage just to assuage your guilt or fulfill the requirement of this step. I could be wrong about the intention of the step, though, so it would be good if you could ask someone on that thread for clarification.

Way to go on your achievement of Day 3 - it just gets better if you can hang in there.

Hugs,
      Choochie:l

Comment

Working...
      X