oh dear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear

lil.michelle;1001860 wrote: Iswear things are sent to test us!
    And you might be spot-on! You are doing great; keep showing your stuff!!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

oh dear

They are. Just as i'm feeling strong something comes and smacks me down. I had a lovely morning this morning, dropped off my little girl at play school, went christmas shopping with my son and then was contacted and sweared at. Funny thing is tho, he hasn't upset me as i really don't care for him or our friendship anymore and his contacting me like this has reminded me of how better off i amwithout him around. However, AL doesn't need much of an excuse to show it's head. BUT NO!! I'm eating sweets, may go do some gardening or just chill and watch tv while my little ones sleep!

Comment

oh dear

lil.michelle

it's good that you recognise that you are better off without him, as stirly-girly says you have to break contact with anybody that does not respect your decision to stop AL. I did this, it's not easy especially if you have known the person or people for a long time but it's all part of the cure and is one of the essential things that has to be done.

Stay strong, you don't need people like that in your life.

And if you feel you do need them in your life phone them up and say, listen I would prefer to keep you as a freind but if you won't or can't respect my life choices then I do not wish to know you any more, if they are a true friend you will know by their reaction and you can make your choice accordingly. I even did this with my mother and I haven't seen her since I stopped.
        Sober since 01/11/10 GMT

Comment

oh dear

People are so nutty sometimes. I had a friend who was a very bad influence on me. She was my neighbor and best friend. A HUGE wine drinker - everytime she would come over she would bring wine even when I told her not to. After I stopped drinking once, and hung out with her totally SOBER, I realized that she was a complete knucklehead. A mean, nasty, self-centered snot. And because I only dealt with her (usually) with a bunch of wine in me, I didn't see it! She has since moved away thankfully and I have not seen her since. Funny what clarity brings, right? Maybe that friend was always an asshole and you just did not see it! Good fr you for staying strong!
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Working...
          X