Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new and scared !

hi i,m nikki
    This is my first time on this site,i have been an alcoholic for at least the past seven years.I began trying to stop drinking about two years ago,earlier this year i was sober for three months,and i have to say although it was of course very hard it was the best three months of my life i can remember!however i have begun drinking again,and after a few weeks on and a few off, i went to the AA meeting i have ever been to about four weeks, i went to about four meetings and everone said just keep coming back, well i did,nt! i am three days sober today and really want to go back but feel a little stupid! any suggestions? i know i cant keep doing it alone! been there done that,all the best
    nikki

new and scared !

Nikki in my experiance things seem worse in my head than they actually are....Sometimes you gotta take a deep breath and do it,,

Welcome aboard :welcome:
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

new and scared !

Nikki,

Welcome! You've come to the right place for support and information. Congratulations on three days alcohol free! Keep coming back. As Fan said, read the book. Great people here.

Hugs!

Best
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

new and scared !

Hi Nikki,
        I'm new to here too and I'm 24 days sober so far.The longest I have given up for is 35 days and fell into the same hole.I think you just have to get back up and try again.Just turn this 3 days into 3 days longer and again and again.All of us on here have the same problem and we all need each other to help each of us get through this.I'm here for you as I hope you will be for me.Good luck.What did Confusious say?"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step"

Comment

Working...
        X