Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if this is the booze ?

Or just fell out of love

some of you may remember i did attempt a while off the booze. i did 3 weeks and felt fine

But back on it now!

My wife thinks i`ll have a heart attack if i am not carefull i get very upset and angry at minor things we argue all the time (has been better recently)

The last one was yesterday and i hadnet had a drink- but after wards did have a couple of bottles of wine

Maybe i need to get lessons on not getting so fired up over little things ? maybe it is time for me and the partner to call it a day ? maybe its time to take TIME OUT from work etc

My mood swings are quite bad and my overall well bieng is not the best i feel quite tired and stressed a lot ... is it the booze ?

ANy ideas? on what to do ?

SO you felt fine off the booze and less problems with your wife, but you are drinking again and the problems have started again? It's the booze. Stop the booze, and things will get better. Bottom line. When you are buzzed, drunk or hungover everything is a huge deal. EVERYTHING. Anxiety, stress, shitty attitude, lashing out, getting angry at minor things...IT IS THE BOOZE. I know from experience. Not that I can't be a bitch without the wine, but I can tell you for certain that things have gotten a hundred times better wth me not touching alcohol. Stop the drinking. Just. Stop.

I am not trying to be mean, or snarky, but you asked for advice. I certainly hope things get better for you. I really hope they do.
    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Hi Time is Now. I'm really glad Wagoneer got here first. Because I experienced the exact same things that she describes in her post. I probably would have sugar coated it, which isn't very helpful, at least not to me.

I really like the way you tell this truth Wagoneer.

"What she said"

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

its the booze im afraid
        HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

Most definitely the booze, thanks Wagoneer for telling it like it is.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

HI thee to a counsellor!!!!!! Don't try to do it alone. But definitely get off the booze. And give your wife some lovin, it sounds like she could use it.
            Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
            If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
            November 2, 2012

Comment

I'm with the Wagon!!!
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi The Time is Now. Your question asks is it the booze. From a scientific perspective, you could approach this question. Eliminate the booze, and see what happens. Take lets say, 60 days with no alcohol. Examine what happens to your emotions, patience, outlook, frame of mind etc - reflect on this after two months of no alcohol.

From a non scientific approach, yes I agree it most likely is the alcohol that is affecting you. Not only does it affect us when drinking, but also when not drinking (because we want it). Get sober. Read some books on not sweating the small stuff etc. It will take time for your emotions to level off and to get perspective on things - longer than three weeks.

All the best,
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hi Time,
                  I agree with Hill. Get rid of the booze first and then see what happens. Drinking definitely brings more confusion to a situation. Hope it all works out for you.
                  Be strong-
                  We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                  Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Working...
                  X