Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

withdrawl scare

Hi I'm jenna,

I just found this site and became a registerd member. I love it! I don't feel so alone now. I have been drinking for many years consistantly. I started out when I was 21 and was excited be be of leagal age to drink. I was an exotic dancer and started drinking every night to calm nerves and get a little buzz to forget reality for a bit. I started at only one margarita before work, then later on mixed drinks, "a few" then I got brave and loved how shots made me feel. By the time I was 27 I would drink before work during and after and sneak shots from my boyfreind. It got really out of control with my ex last year he was a huge drinker and brought home those huge bottles of absoulte. We would do so many shots almost nightly, that in one night more then half the huge bottle the ones with the handles on them, would be half gone or almost gone. I am 28 now and quit dancing a year ago the end of december. I thought it would be easy to quit! no way. That cycle was deadly and stuck with me. I am trying right now to quit and the withdrawls SCARE me. I feel feverish and neasous I even threw up today, I get hot and cold and have anxiety. I get anxious weird thoughts usually negative. My breathing feels shallow and I get sleep apnea and feel like I can't breath on and off in the daytime. Is this normal?. I don't crave the liquor but usually start again to stop the symptoms. please let me know what you think. I can't drink like that anymore and don't want to.At least not for a while until I can drink socailly like a normal human being. Thanks for listening. /B] to.[/[/U]
    [/I]
    [/B]SIZE

withdrawl scare

G'day Jenna.

Welcome aboard. What you say certainly rings a bell to many of us. You're already on the right track in that you recognize the need to stop your addiction. In order to proceed, and particularly in order to cope with withdawals you need to seek medical advice. There are medications, anti-convulsants for instance, that can reduce withdrawals. Yet, the best would be to go through Roberta's manual and get some idea how to go about longterm. I'm consulting with a psychiatrist who checks on my progress on a regular basis.

Importantly, you might have to change your daily routine, and make sure you keep away from your regular drinking buddies for a while, until you are sure you can control your addiction.

I'm sure my other friends here have some good suggestions too.

Best -
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

withdrawl scare

i know what you mean girl! i just turned 28, and i realize i have a problem, i too, love the bottles with the handy dandy handle. but this site has already been great help. have you started any of the supplements yet? i am taking the milk thistle, valerian root to sleep, and gotu kola which is kinda like a ginseng ...for the most part they seem to help...keep me updated on your progress since we are kinda starting at the same time! good luck.:welcome:

Comment

withdrawl scare

Big :welcome: Jenna!
        We are very glad that you found this site and hope you stick around, read, post, and learn how to kick that old big vodka bottle with the handle.
        Regarding the withdrawl, it does take maybe 2-3 days to start feeling a bit more steady. It WILL pass. Get a book, take a nice bath, get some herbal tea, start the supplements for the program, busy yourself reading posts here and getting inspired to change your life. You can do this!!
        We're here.

Comment

withdrawl scare

I took Librium for the first 4 days of quitting drinking. No withdrawl. Now I need to stop the craving.

Good Luck!
          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

withdrawl scare

Sound Perfectly mormal to me. I had the same symptoms. It gets better after 3-5 days. After the first week, the physical symtoms go away. I has some crazy thoughts goin on that I couldn't explain. My wife went through what you are going through. She too was an exotic dancer and drank to keep up and lose the reality.

Stick with it and good luck , Keep us posted.
            Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

withdrawl scare

Hi Jenna

I have just gone through withdrawal for the 5th time, so I am a bit of an expert on this, but NOT a doctor. This time I decided to do it at home with the support of a friend. I can totally relate to the things you are going through I was prescribed diazipan(valium) for the shakes, anti nausea pills as I usually throw up green puke(just like the exorsist) and sleeping tabs. The sleeping tablets did not seem to work to well so I tryed "Kalms Sleep" which is natural but I found that it works very well. It DOES pass hang in there its worth it in the end Good Luck

Whitestar

Comment

withdrawl scare

Welcome Jenna, and good luck to you. I am curious about your sleep apnea symptoms. How do you know you have them?
                Mona
                Meow-Meow
                MonaKitty

Comment

withdrawl scare

Hi, I'm new too.... 8 weeks ago I went through the same as you, anxiety, sickness etc. etc. and after 3 days I suddenly felt alive again, so much more energy. However, I started drinking again so i've got to go through it all again. Don't make my mistake, Stick with it. Take care, Paula xx
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                  X