THREE WEEKS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THREE WEEKS!

Can you believe it? 21 days AF! I finally felt good enough after this damn virus to go Thanksgiving Food shopping...and the first time in YEARS (not including when I was pregnant wth my three) that I didn't stop at the State Store for wine! And I drove right past it and it did not even cross my mind. I have a plan, told my brother in law that the wine he brings is only for he and whoever else wants it...and any leftover goes in a doggy bag right back with him with the leftovers. I am kind of excited. I don't know why, but I am. Maybe it's the euphoria from not feeling like death the past few days All I know is that being AF is alot better than the feeling I have after gulping down a gallon of wine!

Not sure if you remember from last year, but I had three deaths in a row of people very close to me right before Thanksgiving and before Christmas. My ex, my best friend and business partner and today marks the anniversary of my brother in law's death. It was very sudden and completely unexpected. His family will be over for Thanksgiving so I am trying to make it as joyous as possible. Anyway, this would have been a perfect trigger for me, but I have no desire to honor his memory by getting shitfaced. Instead I will raise a glass of selzer in his honor and remember his love and wit and be thankful that I can see him always in his three beautiful children.

Anyway, just popping in to boast about my 3 weeks AF

Sending you all happy thoughts.

:h Kat
    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

THREE WEEKS!

Congrats W you are doing GREAT. I'm glad you're feeling better. Stay motivated we need you round here. John xx
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

THREE WEEKS!

Wagon,

I'm thrilled for you! You are dealing with things so intelligently and you sound truly committed to saving yourself from the poison! I hope you'll stay on this wonderful path.:goodjob:

Choochie

Comment

THREE WEEKS!

glad to see your better wagoneer i'm the same cant belive it three weeks
        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

THREE WEEKS!

Nice one Wagon!! Good for you, and great to be organized in your head for Thanksgiving. I'm like that for Christmas, always preempt any temptations or probs that may arise.

You 3 weeks as well Madmans? Well done you too
          MOlly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

THREE WEEKS!

Kat!
            That is FANTASTIC!!! :goodjob:
            What a fabulous Thanksgiving this one will be! Keep up the good work and enjoy your sweet success
            "No matter what happens, be fearless!"
            Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

THREE WEEKS!

So happy for you both Wagoneer and Madmans!! Congratulations and continued success!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

THREE WEEKS!

Bloody well done, Waggy!!!

Here's to the next three and beyond!

:goodjob:
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

THREE WEEKS!

Well done, Wags and Mads! : ) xoxo Pride
                  AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                  "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

THREE WEEKS!

Waggy, blooming well done on 3 weeks and a nicely thought out plan for Thanksgiving.

You too Mads, 3 weeks :goodjob:
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

THREE WEEKS!

Kat you are going great guns and doesn't it feel wonderful when life starts to open up for you and you are in control :goodjob:
                      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

THREE WEEKS!

Wow hon, you are going great guns!! BE PROUD and bask in this new life you have discovered xx
                        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

THREE WEEKS!

Well done boths wags and mads on your 3 wks af. Wagoneer may be your thanksgiving be a happy and memorable one.

Comment

THREE WEEKS!

Well done wagoneer, and you too madmans, fantastic work! I am a week behind you so it's really great to hear that you have both managed that third week! :goodjob:

Comment

THREE WEEKS!

Thanks for the support everyone! You guys rock my world.

Today my 11 year old and I were in the kitchen and we were talking about Thanksgiving and what I was cooking. I got out my wine glass to pour my spicy tomato juice and she said "You haven't been drinking wine at all, have you?" I said, 21 days no wine or anything!" She says "How about Thanksgiving?" and I said "Nope, not on Thanksgiving or Christmas or Easter or anytime, anymore." She got a big smile on her face and gave me a high five. This has been a good day
                              February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Working...
                              X