• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anbody Day One Today (21st Nov?)

If you want some company on the journey I am good to go.:new:
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Sending you good vibes Softy - day 48 for me today. So, if a (newer) newbie doesn't come along, I and many others here will ride along with you.:l

Choochie

Comment

Hi Softy,

I am not new here, but once again on day 1. I will join you on this journey.:welcome:
      AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Good stuff - two minds to fight one problem - should be easy:besafe:

Comment

doesnt matter what day you are on as long as you are trying and dont give up ..its all but one day at a time one moment at a time and so on ... keep it going stay strong and keep thinking positive ...
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Day 2 for me, Softy. I'll tag along
            "No matter what happens, be fearless!"
            Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

7.40pm this is the time I start to think about drinking before bed . Usual excuse is Sunday night, round off the weekend and I wont drink until Friday. Never works as I usually go for wine this time on a Monday! Got a pint of water and a bag of crisps. A new downloaded album on the iPod so it will be early night to chill to some music. Day one usually is ok but 2 & 3 (if I get that far) are the max then I blow out on day 4 Going out to a gig on Wed in the car so won,t be able to drink then If I make it through 2 &3 I should make it to 5. Problem is going to be Thursday and friday.evenings. Keep on keeping on all

Comment

I want to drink right now so it,s off the bed and time to think differently

Comment

yep bed is a good plan , do'nt think as far as the weekend , really take it one day at a time. if i thought too far a head i would go mad for me its just about today
                  AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Hey Softy - I'm a bit late sorry. We are all one drink away from day one. I am on day 21 and I never thought I would get past day one wthout at least a glass of wine. It is not easy but the payoff is phenomenal. You need to keep reading and posting around here - I swear it has kept me sober. I know for a fact that when I had slipped before, I would disappear because I was so annoyed and felt I let my friends here down. I was dead wrong. No one judges here. Because of the kindness and honesty around here I came back...I got my resolve and decided that I am committing to this fight for me, and mostly for my kids. The people here are amazing and will support you. Don't be scared, be excited. Life is so much better with a clear head. Honest. Good luck to you and keep us posted on how you are
                    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

I am a big music fan and relate everything back to songs so I shall start today with Hermans Hermits "woke up this morning feeling fine" Day two begins let me hope I finish the day with Herman and not with Leonard Cohen / Shane MacGowan.......wish me strength

Comment

Day one for me here.
                        CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

Softy;1008637 wrote: I am a big music fan and relate everything back to songs so I shall start today with Hermans Hermits "woke up this morning feeling fine" Day two begins let me hope I finish the day with Herman and not with Leonard Cohen / Shane MacGowan.......wish me strength
                          This is my mantra song. Hope it helps you too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otuwNwsqHmQ[/video]]YouTube - Labi Siffre - Something Inside So Strong
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

That's a good tune It is going well so far on Day 2 and Days 3 & 4 are planned out with business travel then a night out in the car - hopefully I;ll be ok - thursday and Friday are scaring me already but ODAT

Comment

Hello Softy, I made it Monday thru Friday last week and slipped on Saturday so Sunday is day one for me, today is day 2, I'm right there with you!
                              You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                              Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Working...
                              X