30, 60, 90 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30, 60, 90 days

As I reach the 90 day milestone tomorrow I will share my experiences.

First couple of days were spent dealing with the shame and anxiety of my last drunk. Once 30 days hit, I felt euphoric and on top of the world. This lasted until approx 60 days then I started having cravings out of the blue, I was determined not to drink and did not. Now whamo coming up to 90 days I was hit with a real bad case of Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome and let me tell you it has been the hardest couple of weeks of my journey. I was going to start drinking again and was all set to start modding, but in reality I think that is what triggered my mod thoughts. I am happy to say once I read about PAWS the more I understood it and am not going to drink.

I believe that each milestone comes with challenges and celebration. We need to be aware that the cognitive/emotional withdrawal symptoms can last for two years and that is what nags at us to drink.

I am going to celebrate my 90 by embracing the hard times and with the knowledge that each hurdle we cross makes us stronger and healthier.

Comment

30, 60, 90 days

PEACE - YAY - SO HAPPY FOR YOU! HOPE YOU'LL WRITE IN DETAIL WHAT IT WAS ABOUT PAWS EXACTLY THAT HELPED YOU WORK THROUGH YOUR TOUGH TIME. I WILL CELEBRATE YOU IN EARNEST TOMORROW!!:l

Choochie

Comment

Working...
      X