My goals here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goals here...

A few had asked what my goals are while I'm here....
    1st I would like to stop hiding bottles of wine in my closet, and stop hiding how much I actually have been drinking on a daily basis. For the longterm I am looking to cut down and drink moderately. I feel my immediate goal needs to be to stop drinking all together right now. I plan to have only one glass of wine with dinner on Thanksgiving.

I do notice I have been feeling really sick though.....I have had a dull headache for the last couple of days, and feeling a little sick in my tummy. Beyond that I feel ok, and feel better about myself that I haven't been drinking.

Thank you all!
    xoxo
    I want to live a healthy life!
    :new:

My goals here...

I'm sorry your not feeling well :l I drank a lot of water with lemon. And rested a lot. A big part of why I think I felt sick was because of stress. It's such a big step to take, but well worth it. You'll feel better soon. I like your goal of stopping hiding bottles of wine in your closet. I'm very glad your feeling better about yourself for not drinking. Your doing a good job.

Comment

My goals here...

Hello and welcome sweet, there is a tool box thread in monthly abstinence thread, you can use that to help you make a plan, its expected that your body & mind will react to you stopping poisoning yourself,as at this stage that's what your doing,taking it one day or one hour at a time will help and believe me it does get better but give yourself a chance as you didn't get here overnight, goodluck and i hope to see you around.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

My goals here...

Good luck to you Sweet! So happy you are here. Sounds like you have a plan. Stopping all together is a great idea. Moderating never worked for me. It's a slippery slope wet with wine for me! one glass = one bottle so not in the cards for me. Stay around, post and read often. You will feel better every day. Welcome - you are among friends.

Kat
        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

My goals here...

Hi Sweet, I hope you feel better. Some people benefit from writing down their goals, the more detail the better. How long do you plan to be sober while you build your moderation plan? Read and write lots.
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
          X