Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to say Hi

Hi, I'm Mary, new to this site. :new:

I'm looking for some help and support. I am just one day from my last drink. I'm feeling sick, shaky and very low. My self esteem is completely gone.

Sadly, I had been doing so well at AA, but got pissed off at some of the people there and decided I didn't need "that" and could do it myself. Didn't last very long left to my own devices....lol!!

I have a great husband who really tries to help me, but of course doesn't understand why I can't just stop at two drinks.

Any help and advice greatly received.

Just wanted to say Hi

Welcome Mary!

While I am very much the newbie here myself, but I am really liking what I am seeing. So much wonderful support here ..

I found reading the book and getting the CDs helpful at this point. I have finally finished reading the book and am working on the CDs ..

While far from my goal, I had one of the best days in I don't know HOW many years yesterday ... and it was not all THAT hard ... hard but doable.

For me, I think the suppliments are playing a big role. Where just a few weeks ago, if I got the notion of a glass of wine in my head .. I could NOT get rid of it. Now, I find I can busy myself and forget about it for awhile ... stall it off much easier than before.

Come and join us! I find when I go "poof" from these forums for a few days .. is when I seem to lose some of my strength and focus in where I want to go.

WaitingToExhale

Comment

Just wanted to say Hi

Welcome Mary! I'm new myself, and I'm finding that reading the forums is helping me stay focused; I'm also amazed at how many of people's stories are similar to mine. I also just started on the supplements and I'm hoping that will help with cravings. I hope that you find support and helpful advice here - it seems like a very friendly place.

Pixie
      AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Just wanted to say Hi

i've been reading posts here since august, and have found the whole experience a help in controlling what i drink. i've been very very good, and managed to drink 'socially' - that is two drinks at the most. after a few weeks i felt i was in control - enjoying my one or two, not craving more and most importantly, not thinking about drink at all.

Yesterday, unfortunately, I lapsed. I feel awful today, and I'm afraid that I won't be able to get back to where I was a week or so ago. I really don't want to be back where I was before finding this site. How do others feel about slipping ? I don't really know why i'm writing this, because I know the answers, I just felt as if I need some support. Best of luck to all the newbies. I'm taking the supps. can't tell if they're doing any good.

Tylyr

Comment

Just wanted to say Hi

Yeh! dregged out!

I feel for you all. I have 3 kids 10 (who has Bi polar and autism) and a 9 and 7 year old who are gifted the drinking is getting to me quite a habit, what are the supps?

Comment

Just wanted to say Hi

hi

welcome - this is a good site that gives support without having to go to meetings.

the 'supps' are a combination of vitamins, amino acids, kudzu right through to medication, have a look around the site and you'll get the idea.
            the kudzu seems to work - 3 days alcohol free so must be doing something right.:welcome:

Comment

Just wanted to say Hi

re: Just wanted to say Hi

pixie wrote: Welcome Mary! I'm new myself, and I'm finding that reading the forums is helping me stay focused; I'm also amazed at how many of people's stories are similar to mine.
              That's the ONLY thing I liked about AA, when they had the "My Story" meetings as opposed to the regular ones, which were pure hell. Those were like auditioning to join a cult. Anyway, isn't it a comfortable feeling to find how many people's stories are so alike? Doesn't make you feel like a freak. And that's because we're not.

Self-esteem? What's that???? :::joking::: I need to work on that too!
              Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
              X