Withdrawl worries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Withdrawl worries

Hey All, I have been wine free since I foud this site four days ago. I have been experiencing a headache and nausea since I stopped. It is not getting better. I had two beers last night hoping to get some relief from the headache, it didn't help much. This morning II woke up wanting to throw up. I am scared to think what I am experiencing is withdrawl ? Can drinking a bottle of wine a day really make you feel this way when stopped? Thanks for the advice and for listening. Happy Turkey Day!
    I want to live a healthy life!
    :new:

Withdrawl worries

Are you keeping hydrated?It's so easy to forget to 'drink' fluids when you stop AL and that itself can lead to hangover symptoms.

Comment

Withdrawl worries

Sweet, sorry I don't have much expertise in withdrawal symptoms. Others will come along who do, though. I have read a lot of people write about headaches but don't recall what they did for them. Hope you can just rest and drink lots of water.

Choochie

Comment

Withdrawl worries

Hey Sweet & :welcome:. Headaches can be caused by many things. Some of the worst headaches I have ever gotten have been from caffeine withdrawal. I believe plenty of rest, nutritious food, fluids and more fluids (don't forget electrolyte balance) and stress relievers like exercise and meditation are all essential parts to help your body do what it knows how to if you just supply it with what it needs. Here's a website that might be helpful that was introduced by Choochie. Hope it helps. Good luck and I hope you achieve your desire to live a healthy life. I believe you will if you choose to.
        Anyway here's the site:

Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) — Why we don’t get better immediately) ? Digital Dharma

Comment

Withdrawl worries

Hi Sweet,
          One bottle of wine doesn't seem like enough to cause those kinds of withdrawal symptoms.

I am curious if it may be something else like a sinus infection. This past year I had a mysterious headache and nausea that lasted for two weeks before I went to the doctor. It seemed like not enough reason to see a doctor. I also developed a low-grade fever after about a week (99 degrees)

Sure enough, it was a sinus infection of the far-back sinuses (ethmoid), way, way back in the face so there was no nasal drainage, but it was all dripping down my throat into my stomach, which was the cause of the nausea and headache.

Just a thought!

And congrats on the wine-free days :goodjob:
          "No matter what happens, be fearless!"
          Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

Withdrawl worries

Yeah, I really think it's a coincidence and I have the flu bug. I am staying home today
            I am having trouble even looking at food commercials. Thanks guys...xoxo
            I want to live a healthy life!
            :new:

Comment

Withdrawl worries

Hi Sweet, they sound like withdrawal symptoms to me and can last for a few weeks. Make sure you are drinking at least two litres of water a day and maybe some electrolyte replacement as well. If you are drinking lots of caffeinated drinks, this will further dehydrate you. Keep on plodding on, you are doing so well.
              I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Withdrawl worries

Welcome Sweet79, some good advice there. Bummer on the flu hitting but a big well done on finding us and making the decision to make changes, it is a decision you will never regret.
                Keep safe
                KTAB
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Withdrawl worries

Sweet, sometimes withdrawal can feel like you have the flu; lasting for several days.... sometimes symptoms can last for weeks.

Almost 4 years ago when I first found this site and came off of alcohol the first time around, I had headaches for 3 weeks. Not like migraine, but a constant dull headache, and an achy body. Not to mention I was tired all of the time.

It varies from person to person. Lots of fluids and good foods will help you along.

Comment

Withdrawl worries

poison

sweet79;1010559 wrote: Hey All, I have been wine free since I foud this site four days ago. I have been experiencing a headache and nausea since I stopped. It is not getting better. I had two beers last night hoping to get some relief from the headache, it didn't help much. This morning II woke up wanting to throw up. I am scared to think what I am experiencing is withdrawl ? Can drinking a bottle of wine a day really make you feel this way when stopped? Thanks for the advice and for listening. Happy Turkey Day!
                    hi 79,i guess it can depending on your body chemistry.i drank for 30 years b4 i got reall symtoms,i started taking panic attacks,:upset:try them youll not like it,depression set in,hospital stays,[psychiatric ward]several time,numerous psychiatrists[half dozen]if not more,rehab,AA,i didnt drink much,most of the time,i think what your asking is what can your drinking habits leed you TOO,:thanks:gyco

Comment

Working...
                    X