Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Sober Thanksgiving to the U.S. peeps

Good morning everyone
    Happy sober Thanksgiving to those in the U.S. and a happy sober day to everyone in the other parts of the world.

I am looking forward to a day of gratitude for my 6th day of being alcohol free. It will be an easy task as it will just be me, my mom and brother and neither of them drink, so I am getting off easy

I hope everyone is well and I will look forward to checking in later and seeing how everyone's day was.
    "No matter what happens, be fearless!"
    Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Happy thanksgiving day to all our American members. Peace happiness and sobriety to you all. Well done Samantha glad you hear your day is going so well.

Comment

Well, my projected "easy task" turned out to be more of a challenge than I had anticipated! Out of NOWHERE, on the way home from my brother's house after dinner, I had the overwhelming urge to pull over and buy a bottle of wine. Actually, it didn't come "out of nowhere"...it started near the end of dinner when I was thinking about going home and "how nice it would be to curl up with a nice glass of Chardonnay." Wow...

I did what Fighting Back did the other day and thought through to how I would feel tomorrow...had to really really talk myself out of it, but I did and I am home now, sober. Wheeeeew....close call.
      Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

Samantha - congrats my friend. Thanksgiving was always a HUGE trigger for me. In fact the Wednesday before Thanksgiving was always the party day of the year. But not this year! I actually made it through both - no regrets, no guilt, no sadness, just amazing family time. I still canty believe it. Samantha, this was a huge test and you did an amazing job. So happy for you (and me too!)
        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Well done Sam T andWagoneer a hard time to stay sober but so worth it
          AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

I was just wondering about you madmans! Hope you are well! X X O O
            February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

MM and Wagoneer!
              I keep forgetting to "subscribe" to this thread so I missed your posts but I wanted to thank you both for your support I am also happy that you both had sober Thanksgivings and it helps me so much to see you and the others keeping it up, one day at a time, and giving encouragement to the rest of us :thanks:
              Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

ooops....MM, I forgot you are in Ireland so I guess you had a sober day but you don't call it "Thanksgiving" (even though, I guess each sober day is cause for Thanks Giving" :H
                Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

Great News guys. The first Thanksgiving in recent memory that I didn't drink. It felt awesome!!!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

YOU ROCK JOHN!!!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                    X