I am starting day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am starting day 1

Well after several months of stress and turning to alcohol. i had a few days here and there af but before i knew it i was back on it again. i am trying this again hoping that i can get through tonight without it.

please keep your fingers crossed for me i really want to be af.

I am starting day 1

Hi, welcome, and good luck.

Try to keep yourself occupied with something, drink water to keep hydrated, and aim for an early night.
    AF 3-3-11
    1 FEB 2011 new crusade (failed)
    Stopped AL 17 November 2010 did 30 days
    NF since 1992

Comment

I am starting day 1

Welcome Rosepetal,

I am only on day 4 myself (halfway into day 5) so I can't offer any words of wisdom. Look around, read lots and keep talking a posting.
      CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

I am starting day 1

Hi Rosepetal,

Have you read the toolbox section on this thread. LOts of great ideas for "urge surfing" and getting of al. Make water your constant companion as well as some B group vitamins as a minimum. Rest a lot if you can and stay on the boards. FInd your way around, there is always someone to talk to. I will check in again later. Saffy xx
        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

I am starting day 1

Thanks Charlotte and Ronker for your support.

i taking it easy tonight. i thought i would have a glass of water like ronker suggested and just watching some tv and posting once in awhile.

Comment

I am starting day 1

Hi Rosepetal,
            I am new, too, ending Day 6.
            Stick around here. Lots of compassionate, insightful support and inspiration from people who are further along....:welcome:
            "No matter what happens, be fearless!"
            Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

I am starting day 1

fingers crossed here Rosepetal, keep reading and posting
              AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

I am starting day 1

Hi Rosepetal, I hope that you made it through OK. This battle is a tough one, but you can do it. What is your plan? A time off from alcohol, moderation, long term sobriety? Let us know so we can try to help. All the best,
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

I am starting day 1

Hi Rosepetal,

Welcome back to MWO, this is a good place

Success follows hard work & having a good, solid plan really helps!
                  Look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas to help you make your plan. Think about posting on the Newbies Nest thread too where lots of people are just starting out as well.

I understand trying to drink away your stress because I did that as well. It didn't work & it caused me a lot of additional anxiety! What does work is changing your thinking about AL. I found the Hypno CDs to be very helpful in learning to relax without AL.

I wish you the very best on your journey. Make a firm commitment, you won't be sorry

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I am starting day 1

:welcome:Rosepetal - you have come to a good place -- wonderful people who will help you, tons of information - read, read, read!

I just posted a long comment here and thought it might help you too:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...dom-45201.html

My best to you - post your questions and we will try to help. Do you have a plan that includes exercise, good food, lots of water, etc?

Choochie

Comment

Working...
                    X