Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 5 and happy.

Good Morning All,

I am on the morning of Day 5 and feeling good. My son is home sick (contagious but not actually ill) so we are hanging out in between me doing chores.

I have achieved more this week than I have achieved in a long time. I feel I am gaining some control back.

Unfortunately, hubby has called and suggested we go out for "a quick drink" tonight. My plan is already in place....

a) Make dinner so it is ready for when we get back. Then we have no excuse for staying out, eating out and drinking more.

b) I have already told hubby to bring his car home first as I will be driving there and back.

Tomorrow, we have already arranged to have dinner with friends and, once again, I have volunteered to drive. (I don't drink AT ALL when I am driving.)

If I can get threw this weekend, I'll be so pleased. I will just take it ODAT.
    CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Day 5 and happy.

Hi Charlotte,

well done on 5 days.

Cant help but notice... from your post it seems to read that your hubby doesnt know your stopping drinking?

Wouldnt it be best to share this with him and gain some support, or have i got it wrong?

Anyway good luck
    AF 3-3-11
    1 FEB 2011 new crusade (failed)
    Stopped AL 17 November 2010 did 30 days
    NF since 1992

Comment

Day 5 and happy.

Well done Charlotte...thats great. As Ronker says, does your hubby know that you have stopped drinking. It would help to have his support. If not, then soldier on, you are doing this for you and your health and wellbeing is more important than anything. Great stuff!!!
      I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Day 5 and happy.

Charlotte, that is EXCELLENT! What a great plan to have in place re the driving. And congrats on standing firm in the face of hubby :-) Your son is so lucky to have you taking such good care of him Keep it up! Each day that passes and you say no to the booze is another victory!
        "No matter what happens, be fearless!"
        Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

Day 5 and happy.

Samantha T.;1010842 wrote: Charlotte, that is EXCELLENT! What a great plan to have in place re the driving. And congrats on standing firm in the face of hubby :-) Your son is so lucky to have you taking such good care of him Keep it up! Each day that passes and you say no to the booze is another victory!
          Hi There Sam T,

Just dropped by to spurr you on with your af days. If things get tricky dont hesitate to PM me if you would like some one on one chat. All the best Saffxx:goodjob:
          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Day 5 and happy.

No, not mentioned it to hubby. He's the old fashioned, British stiff upper lip and all that. He'd tell me it was easy to give up drinking.

I'm happy to plod on, ODAT, with you guys.
            CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

Day 5 and happy.

Good for you Charlotte, we are always here xx
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Day 5 and happy.

Cracking job on 5 days, Charlotte. I like your thinking.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Day 5 and happy.

well done charlotte, good plan, ODAT
                  AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Day 5 and happy.

Hi Charlotte, keep fighting. Like said above, nice work with finding ways to make plans and avoid the alcohol all together. Perhaps in time, you might be able to find a way to break the idea in to your husband. As part of a new health kick, healthy nutrition, exercise, ... you don't really drink much, or something like that. All the best,
                    Hill
                    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Day 5 and happy.

CW - sending you peace and strength.

Choochie

Comment

Working...
                      X