Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just talking my way through wicthing hour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to waffle on but I am in that frame of mind where "the demon" wants his AL but I don't. In some ways I am tempted to pop out and get a bottle. The Demon is telling me "One won't hurt. Start again tomorrow."

From recent experience, I know one bottle does hurt.

I went grocery shopping today and have bought Coke, Soda Water, Grapefruit Juice, Pink Grapefruit Fizzy stuff and Ginger Beer. I am well prepared. I have just had a teaspoon of L-Glut as well.

I know this won't last long - only until I start eating dinner - which is about half an hour away.
    CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Just ride it out Charlotte ... do the pink grapefruit fizzy stuff in a pretty glass and ride it out. It's only a thought.

Comment

CW - it's fantastic that you're identifying your urges and how to deal with them. And yes you are so right that they don't last long. You can get through this.
      It's funny you're talking about dinner and I'm just on my 1st cup of coffee for the day.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

That was worth the wait! I was right, as soon as I started eating I was fine.

Once dinner was over, I got my pyjamas on - another barrier to going out.

I'm having a lovely, sober evening. I have sent a long e-mail to a friend in America and I'm now sorting out the last year's worth of photos on my computer - although that will take me a couple of weeks.
        CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

Charlotte, I find that eating is the single best thing I can do to stave off drinking. I thought I was going to crater last night - my husband and I ate dinner out. Once I got some food and tea, I was alright - but it was a potentially bad moment. Congrats on making it through a rough spot!! I'm thankful this morning that I didn't cave!!

Comment

Working...
          X