Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm starting my rest of the year sober challange today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you sharky, that means so much!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Good morning guys.

Jenny, sorry I didn't see your post last night -- so sorry. I 100% agree with Sharky however, chin up and you can do this. I feel more confident for you than me most of the time! (haha) Okay, I feel confident for us both.

Anyway, it has been really great having the support of you and Sharky on this thread, like he said through the "ups and downs" and I really think we all have a shot to be successful at beating this thing in the long run. Let's just hang in there and do this together!!! We can do this.

Have a great day.

Comment

Thanks ML, it means so much to me to be part of a group where we can be ourselves and be honest about what we are thinking a doing. I realized last night as I was marking days off the calender that Friday would have been 60 days for me, had I kept going. That makes me so angry and depressed. I wonder if I am having physical manifestations of my depression. . .huh. . .well one more day and tomorrow I will force myself back in. I have to go to the doctor today and find out the deal with my eyes! My goodness they hurt!

Hope we all have a great AF day!

Comment

Hola aberoonies! Hope yall are going great, I think I got my mojo back yeahhhh! Finally!

Comment

Good morning!

Jenn, great to hear you have your mojo back! I get discouraged if I think of the days also - so just ignore that for now and focus on not drinking! I feel like I'm getting back in the swing of things too. I'm having another busy week at work but I'm not letting it stress me out.

Have a fantastic AF day.

Comment

I like this thread the best....I am a newbie, and haven't posted here in a bit over a week.....so much happening.
              boss forced to take leave because of his drinking and now I am burdened with his workload and mine and all the while he calls me and makes excuses - he is in total denial and far worse off than I have ever been.....depressing and stressful. then, a good friend died of cancer - my son's best friend's mom who is my age.
              So, I drank last friday - an entire bottle of wine. Saturday - AF; Sunday: 2 glasses red
              Tues. and WEd. - 1 cocktail each night.
              I am just so stressed and feel like a pressure cooker about to explode. How does one deal with so many stresses AF????
              I just won't anymore

Comment

Hey jenniech, lots of tea and hot baths and food!

Comment

Hi Jenniech.

What I've found is that after a first few stressful days AF -- I feel so much better that the other stresses seem to diminish. At one point I found myself thinking -- what was I so stressed about? So, for me anyway, I think AL adds to my feelings of being stressed out instead of helping. Also, another thing I did was realize it's okay to feel sad, tired etc. It doesn't mean I need to drink. Maybe give yourself permission to just feel bad and experience it!

Hope that helps, good luck and hang in there!

Comment

Oh, and I have to agree with Jenny 100% lots of tea, baths and food are always a good idea! :H:H

Comment

Hi Jenniech
                      It's a lie we've been fed that alcohol helps us cope with stress. That old "I need a drink" after a stressful situation pops up on TV all the time and everyone laughs. You can feel pain and stress and live through it, and actually cope better without the alcohol, which only makes you feel worse when you overindulge. Each time you face such a situation without alcohol you feel a bit stronger I think. But I do sympathise. I have crumbled under stress many times in the past and blotted out the pain with alcohol. It can also be one of those whispered excuses that alcohol uses on you to put off the moment when you try to go AF.
                      I'm too unhappy/ too stressed; the weekends coming up; there's a party next week.
                      There's always another reason why you can't get a grip this week. Don't listen. Try it without alcohol, feel the pain and realised you survived.

Comment

Hey guys-
                        Quick Hello. Havn't been able to check in. Crazy work. Hope to catch up this weekend with everyone. Have a great weekend!

Comment

Hey Shark, miss you! Hope your doing well!

Comment

Hello Guys.

Sharky hang in there! Jenn, hope you're doing well. I'm off for a crazy work week this week too - out of town until Thursday and then off to a 3-day weekend with my husband next weekend so I'm probably not going to have many chances to post over the next week either.

I got a load done today - finally started taxes and cleaned the house. I just feel like I've been so busy lately...but I guess it's better than sitting around thinking about drinking.

Have a great evening and weekend!

Comment

Hey ML, sounds like you've been doing well! We all seem to be getting on so well! Yeah us!

Have a great week guys!

Comment

Hi Jenny, yes one way or another we're getting on with this journey!

Have a great Sunday tomorrow -- hangover free yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X