Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm starting my rest of the year sober challange today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Guys,

I'm back at work today unfortunately! But, that's okay, had a great 4 days off at the beach.

Glad to hear you're both doing so great! I am so glad the stress of the Holidays is over and I can relax and be AF without so much worry about it!

Have a great day!

Comment

I am back! Fell out mid way thru the month. No more excuses, back on the AF track. Likew others have said on this thread, I am putting slips behind me and realize I have to be ever more vigilant in 2011!

Hears to a Great New Year for All of us!!!!!!!!!!
      "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

my sentiments exactly ML (I can relax and be AF without so much worry about it). I feel great today and I feel like I don't even need the L-Glut to control cravings because I'm not having them! But I will take it anyway just in case! Have a great one guys!
        You always succeed if you never stop trying.
        Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hey guy! Good to see you. Come on in the waters great!

Comment

Just took another L-Glut and it's on to the evening!

Comment

Just got back from a nice lunch w/wifey (off today), been getting organized and clened up all day. Anyway at lunch, several folks around at different tables were having wine, beer, cocktails - more of an observation to me but I found myself thinking that "I'm glad that is not me"! I would feel like crap. Before I would have told myself "I wish I could have a drink".
              Surprising myself! Great feeling. Hope everyone is hanging tough tonight. The journey continues!

Comment

hey guys! I broke my silence with a long time drinking buddy this evening and while it is not effecting me now I worry that when Friday comes the thoughts will come too. I'll have to figure out how to deal before Friday, I'll see what happens, I should just stay away until I've gotten stronger than just 2 weeks. There is so much history there and he is hurting bad right now but as we know misery loves company and I'm not miserable and what's more I don't want to be.

Comment

Hi Jenn,

Maybe be a "phone buddy" for now. I have a couple of "those friends" and I would just be too tempted to fall back into drinking if I went to see any of them right now. Maybe get a couple more weeks under your belt??

Comment

Jenn-
                    Does he know your goal of being AF? They may help. I know I have several friends that I don't want them to know which makes it hard. I've been trying to avoid the situations and build confidence. MyLife's idea of a phone conversation is great. Avoid it for another week.
                    New Years resolution! Keep strong!
                    Sharky

Comment

He does know my goal and when we talked last night he warned me that he had been drinking. I was amazed that it really didn't make me want to drink. He also has a drinking problem as do most of the people around him. Sober for two weeks me kinda felt sorry for him when I talked to him. He was drinking to get over some bad times with women that have befallen him over the holidays but that is an excuse because he binges every weekend and has for a number of years. He is only 30 and will have a hard life if he never gets off his pity pot. Anyway I guess someone forgot to clue him in to what we know here at MWO. . . don't drink to drowned your sorrows, sorrows can swim!

Comment

Jenny- I think when you atre young 30's (male) you are invincable. I know I always felt that way - had the attitude that you have plenty of time to correct yourself, not a problem, blah, blah, blah. How wrong I was.
                        Could you challenge him to join you for even a 2 week AF period? Perhaps you could challenge him to a bet? (Men love a challenge from a woman) ! As he goes through his other issues perhaps this will give him time to reflect and re focus?
                        Just a thought.
                        Sharky

Comment

He goes sober once in a while and feels better after a week or two and goes back. He is my sister in laws ex husband and my sister in law is crazy and has a really bad drinking problem. Me and her do not get along and me and him do get along so that causes alot of problems between me and her and her mother but my husband trusts me so no biggie. I have told him about this site and l-glut and he says he will let me know when he is ready. That is all I can ask right. As long as I don't go to his place to hang out on the weekend I think I will be fine. We can go to lunch during the week if we want to get together.

Speaking of l-glut time to take mine!

Comment

Gotcha. Sounds somewhat complicated. I would only meet him then on your terms and location so you feel that you are in total control of the drinking atmosphere. Hopefully he will be ready soon - all you can do is encourage him. Best of luck!

Comment

hi Jenny i would stay away from any chance at the moment. its up to him to want to stop nobody could make me or anyone else thats just the way it is, the more people would push me the more i would resist, the best thing my wife did is not push it made me accountable
                              AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

I'm the same way! You tell me not to do something n the first thing I want to do is what u told me not to! human nature I guess! Good to see u posting madmans

Comment

Working...
                                X