Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm starting my rest of the year sober challange today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Guys!

Jenn, when I was 30 and just starting my "drinking" and "whatever else" career, no one could have convinced me to take this problem seriously! I really think he needs to come to terms with his problem on his own, and you need to protect yourself and your sobriety.

Trust me, I am doing the same! I keep seeing obstacles in the future and figuring out ways to dodge the bullets...latest one was a surprise e-mail from an old friend of mine who is going to be in town for a weekend and wants me to get together for drinks...!! (Still need to figure this one out)

Comment

Mylife I will have much the same challenge thus I am going to a comedy club and there will b drinking. It will be me n my sis and we know the comedians. I want to go and I was telling myself just1 or 2 would b fine. But no I don't want to start again so none for me! I know I can do it and I don't feel nervous at all. It so great to feel this free! I don't want AL!
      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hi Jenn,

You can do it! Don't give up your time. I'm thinking...antibiotics?? Bladder infection?? What excuse can I use??? If it was my sister I'd just say I'm being healthy, but this is a friend I haven't seen for years, and we were really good friends and "party buddies" years ago...it's going to be hard.!!

Comment

I would say antibiotics. . .or a cleanse. . .or maybe you could get there early and just get your own drinks from the bar and ask the bartender to make them virgin and watch him make them just to make sure!

Comment

Hmm....good ideas....Thanks!!

Comment

Perhaps you could drive? I think everyone accepts that. I just found out that in certain areas of California - if you are arrested on a DUI it is mandatory that they install a device in you car (ignition) which requires you to blow into it in order for it to start. Imagine the embarrassment of having to do that! Scared the crap out of me. That is added incentive and I will volunteer to drive more often - easy reason to not drink!

Comment

I'll come up with something! Anyway, not to be worried about today. ODAT!

Comment

Hey guys! How is everyone? Today is day 16 and I feel so good! I'm alittle worried about next week and it is the hormonal week, and everything goes haywire. I think I will go up 1000mgs on the l-glut so the cravings will stay away.

Comment

Hello Jenn and Sharky and any others to come!

Jenn, I really think that L-Glut is working for me, too. I started to have my afternoon cravings today, and I took one at 3, then I took another around 7 and I have absollutely zero cravings now. I really think it might work!! I agree, watch out for the horomones, and ramp up whatever you need to do! Great job on day 16!!

Comment

Hi guys-
                      Just a quick Hi to keep the thread alive! Glad everyone is doing well. All good for me. Need to watch out for Friday - my normal massive trigger day. L-Glut all around. Curious - are you guys taking it daily? I've been just taking when I think I might be prone to urges?

Comment

I take it starting at 2 then 6 then 10 pm. Today I started at 6am and will take it every 4 hours all day. I think it is important to keep the amounts constant in you system. Also L-Glut can not be processed without B6 so if you are not taking a multi viamine you should start or a B-combo only with b6 and b12. I think I may need to take more b6 when I up the l-glut dose.

Comment

Thanks Jenny- I had been advised separately to also up the B6 and B12, in addition to the multi vitamin (which I take). This, I believe, will also help with stress. Hitting the Vitamin store later today! Thanks:thanks:

Comment

Me too! I am getting more L-glut and a b-6 b-12 combo as well. All of us are going to be so healthy soon!

Comment

Hello Guys! I'm taking the All-in-One powder and the L-Glut. When I remember, I also have Kudzu which is supposed to help with cravings. But I have been taking the L-Glut twice a day about 4 hours apart in the afternoon -- for me also about 2-3pm and then 6-7pm. I'd rather not wait until the craving hits. Sharky, I would recommend trying to make plans to do something that will not involve AL on Friday. That's a trigger day for me, too.

Good luck tonight Jenny! Glad you are the driver!

Comment

Definitely MyLife-
                                Part of the therapy sessions are for me changing the bad routine. (I coulda figured that on my own but it helps me when someone else tells me My Friday nights have been soooo ingrained in my memory and body that it needs to radically change. Body and mind too accoustomed to that routine. Need something else (positive) to take its place.
                                The awareness is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X