Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm starting my rest of the year sober challange today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job. I know, whenever I see a counselor it's like they just reinforce what I'm already telling myself. But it's good to have someone else kick me in the butt to ket me started now and then.

I don't have plans tomorrow and my husband is out of town, so I'm going to the gym and do a class or something and hang out there...it's kind of fun actually, I did it once before and it's pretty deserted on Friday nights except for some really HEALTHY looking people and it's kind of nice to have all the equipment free etc...I know...boring but it's not drinking, right??!! And, I'll feel great the next morning instead of hungover.

Comment

I did it I did it I did it! I went to the bar, got there at 9 stayed till 12 and not one drink! whooohooooo! I did it! I am so proud of me! Today is day 18! I didn't loose my days and I honored my commitment! I am awesome! Now the bad news. . . i had a horrible time LOL! All those drunk obnoxious people, one guy even asked me if I was ok asked if I had drank to much and did I need help! No I don't need help mister! I'm stone cold sober, if I look drunk to you, just imagine how you look to you! And there were like 15 comics! My attention span is not nearly that long good God! But there was the one achievement of no AL for Jenny! God I'm good! Now for L-glut and bed and the dawn of another awesome sober day!
      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Yeah Jenny!!! Woohoo! You are awesome!

That's so funny about being sober at a comedy show! I don't think I've ever seen one without drinks...probably would not be half as funny!! And someone thought you were drunk because you were so sober? Now that's funny! :H:H

You should be so proud! :goodjob:

Comment

Hey ML it was not nearly as funny, and it was horribly loud! I wanted to cover my ears and put my head down like a child. Also there was this couple in the corner that argued about shots for like an hour! I wanted to go over and say yeah we get the point already! LOL I am proud, tired this morning though cause I am a nice mommy and got up to take the kids to school so they don't have to walk and my hubby won't have to get up. I'll check in later! Have a great AF day!

Comment

Great job Jenny. Its is such an eye opener to be out sober and listen to people drunk , God help anyone that had to listen to the shite that would have come out of me, your doing great .
            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Thanks MM!

Comment

Jenny-
                AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Well done. Sounds like a fantastic learning experience as well
                Sounds like it could be a Mastercard commercial:

Comedy Club Tickets $200
                Paying to hear comics and other drunks $100
                Listening to drunks tell you are drunk when you are stone cold sober : PRICELESS

Comment

Hey guys, just stopping in to say hello. Jen, your story -- this is why I stay home a lot!

xx,
                  KG
                  p.s. Everyone here sounds absolutely terrific!!

Comment

Sharky;1037123 wrote: Comedy Club Tickets $200
                    Paying to hear comics and other drunks $100
                    Listening to drunks tell you are drunk when you are stone cold sober : PRICELESS
                    :H:H:H Now that's funny!

Comment

jennyneric;1036886 wrote: I did it I did it I did it! I went to the bar, got there at 9 stayed till 12 and not one drink! whooohooooo! I did it! I am so proud of me! Today is day 18! I didn't loose my days and I honored my commitment! I am awesome! Now the bad news. . . i had a horrible time LOL! All those drunk obnoxious people, one guy even asked me if I was ok asked if I had drank to much and did I need help! No I don't need help mister! I'm stone cold sober, if I look drunk to you, just imagine how you look to you! And there were like 15 comics! My attention span is not nearly that long good God! But there was the one achievement of no AL for Jenny! God I'm good! Now for L-glut and bed and the dawn of another awesome sober day!
                      This is so cool, well done! I'm not braving any alcohol riddled establishments until I at least have a few weeks under my belt so this gives me a lot of hope. Awesome YOU!
                      Sorry you had a crap time though... I had a laugh at the guy asking if you drank too much, the look of boredom on your face was probably akin to someone about to keel over! Hilarious!

Again, well done!
                      I was made with a heart of stone
                      To be broken
                      With one hard blow
                      I've seen the ocean
                      Break on the shore
                      Come together with no harm done...
                      Jane's Addiction ~ Ocean Size

Comment

Thanks Oceansize, Sharky, ML,and KG! Sharky that was hilarious! Much much funnier that anyone last night! Needless to say I need to find some other way to socialize, though I really am not a social person. . .maybe more family events. There is an AA up the street that I am starting to think about if not just for the social aspect alone. I'm having a great day, I hope everyone here is too, stay close to the site tonight if you need to and don't forget the L-Glut and the surfing technique. I am a little worried because of the victory yesterday, I don't want to get to cocky and say "I got this thing beat" and then get the urge and drink. . .no no no I don't want to do that!

Cheers (diet sunkist) to another sober weekend!

Comment

Hi Jenny,

I will be going to the gym and then posting tonight. I hate Fridays and my hubby is out of town, so I know the cravings will be going full force. I just took my second L-Glut...!!

Try a women's group at AA if there is one. They're actually kind of fun. I might re-join once I get more established with my sobriety. (Sounds funny, but that's the way I feel about it!)

Have a great evening and talk later!

Comment

Hey guys- I'll be checking in as well. Determined to get through tonight. Agree about the social aspect that is different from the norm. I joined a Mod Management group and like it - in an odd way it is nice to be around people with similar circumstances - it is much easier to open up and I don't feel that I have to hide, pretend. make excuses etc... I think it helps!
                            Well let's all hang tough tonight - we can do it!!!
                            Sharky

Comment

wow this site is jumpin tonight! All those new years resolutions being fulfilled! What great energy! Lovin it!

Comment

Sharky;1037321 wrote: I joined a Mod Management group and like it - in an odd way it is nice to be around people with similar circumstances
                                Sharky, just wondering what group you joined? Not the one here on MWO?

Hi all - sounds like you guys are doing great. Me too.

Have a super day.

xx,
                                KG

Comment

Working...
                                X