Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm starting my rest of the year sober challange today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to see everyone back! Day 3 AF for me but have "fairly" successfully nodded for the last 10 or so. Feeling confident and in control. Sounds like you both are feeling it even more.. MyLife - wow at a Tkii hut and no drinking.. very impressive! Great job everyone!:goodjob:

Comment

Hello Guys.

Hope you're off to a good start of the week today! Sharky and Jenny good job on your days AF. I think I'm on day 15 since my experiment with modding??? I'll try to go back today and figure it out. I have not been counting as it says why bother in Rational Recovery and I kind of agree and I don't want to get hung up on the number. Really, I'm thinking that for me 2011 will be the year I stopped drinking and that will be it. It's just not that fun for me anymore and I don't like the anxiety of it!

Anyway great to hear you're both doing so well and have a wonderful AF day!

Comment

So far so good. Great week and feeling positive. Had a group class last night that really is inspiring. No judging but great energy. Nice to have new folks join and listen and learn. Kinda like the Board but live. Hope everyone is well. Works is just crazy busy - good thing- Kids schd's going biserk as well. Oh well. Much easier to deal with sober and NOT hung over!

Comment

Hello All!

Sharky, I agree it's much better to deal with life's stress AF and not hungover. Great news about your group! I'm interested to hear about it -- is it the Moderation group?

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Day 5 A/f for me and boy am I determined to keep of this horrible stuff, anyone mind if i jump on board?

DD

Comment

Not at all! Welcome and congratulations on Day 5!

Comment

Welcome DD!

MyLife - it is. Meet once a week and it is very refreshing. Total honesty. Most have done the 30 days AF which seems to serve as a benchmark, milestone and a HUGE confidence builder. It's almost like "we know we can di it".
                Up's and downs for a lot but everyone realizes it and no judgement. The good thing is we are all thinking about modding and trying our best. I know it helps me in the group to say I've been AF or really good for 4 days but f***ed up on Sat etc. Very supportive and good for us all as we tend to beat ourselves up. Definitely helps me to focus and I love the interaction. We are really supporting each other and learning from experiences.

Hope this helps.

Sharky

Comment

That sounds great Sharky!

I really like the group thing and once a week is great. I wish there was something similar here other than AA -- which I'm not putting AA down -- it's just a little too heavy for me at this point.

Have a wonderful Day!

Comment

Hello y'all I'm back over here and looking to , I don't know, get it right this time. I just need to feel better than I do right now. I drank last night, way to much, and here I am, day 1 again, depressed, upset, feel horrible! I wish I could figure out how to not let it happen again!
                    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hey-
                      Don't beat yourself up. Mistakes happen- chin-up. You have been doing so well!!
                      I need to start again as well. Been drinking (not over the top) but feel I'm slipping into bad habitats. Been off the Board - let's re focus!
                      Let's make an AF week!

Comment

Spam reported.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

I wanted to start up this thread again just for me, if anyone would care to join me come on...if not that's ok also! Hope everyone has a great holiday!

Comment

Jenny - I would like to join in this thread! Great idea - inspiration to get through the dreaded holidays LOL

Comment

This is a thread I started almost a year ago and while we were not perfect we were trying and it really helped! I hope it will do the same now! Welcome aboard!

Comment

Hi Jenny!
                                Glad to see you back. I joined you last year, and I?d love to join you again! I have had a few slips myself, but overall I think I?ve had 225 AF days in 2011, I keep forgetting to update my signature, and now I?ve lost count again. I guess some of my brain damage is going to be permanent. So here we go with our new resolve, are you ready? I am?lets do it!
                                K9
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X