Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm starting my rest of the year sober challange today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K9, I was reading your post on another thread about your job. I really hope you can go back to school so you can get out of your rut. It's so hard to be miserable in a job - it comprises too much of your day to hate it! I really hope the school thing works - perfect that you're here on this thread because I think Jenny is back in school. You guys can compare notes LOL.

Comment

jennyneric;1209479 wrote: ****
      I wanted to start up this thread again just for me, if anyone would care to join me come on...if not that's ok also! Hope everyone has a great holiday!
      Jenny!!! :yougo::yougo: So good to see you resurrect this thread. I would like to join you if I may. It's a one day at a time gig for all of us after all. It starts today.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm in Jenny, if I may. Back on the bandwagon so to speak. Every time I relapse and get back on I have more information, more experience and hopefully, am all the more wiser... or so I like to think.

Day one for me. Short term goal Christmas Day. Long term goal: Forever.

Reward: Oh I'll think of something fantastic... maybe a January trip to Cuba or the Dominican Republic if our business profits will allow for it. Imagine being ten pounds lighter ... not going to count the calories saved but there's at least ten pounds of wine jelly jiggling in my middle-aged body.

Let's do it.
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Unwasted, I am back in school, and DG is too! I love being back in school I just regestered for 5 classes for the Spring! Lord I hope I will manage!

K-9 good to see you! Hop on the end of the year sober train! Last December we had Santa's sober sleigh! I just love that tittle!

DG- hey girl! Great to have your support as always! How are finals treating you? Wow for me too!

Tipplerette- I think me and you share the same struggles. I want to make it through but as time wares on that want wains and the we're back on day one huh, but you know what that's OK because we got this starting over stuff now right! We know how to start over so we don't need any more practice!

On ward to the end of the year!...wow I sound so up beat for being so so very tired! LOL!

P.S. DG my friday night plan starting in January is PE class! And then maybe an 8 pm AA meeting?
          You always succeed if you never stop trying.
          Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Good Morning, today is day 6! And it's Thursday my fav day of the week! Hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

Day 3 for me Jenny.

Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day.

Comment

jennyneric;1209990 wrote: *****

Good going Jenny! Another sober day for me as well. Life is good.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Goodnight all, laying down to another good nights sleep with no al around! I watched a very powerful episode of Priviate Practice tonight about an intervention for a doctor hooked on oxycotin aka haroin(sp). It really brought the reasons to be clean home! I never want to go through pain like that!

Comment

Hi Everyone - just dropping by to say that I hope you all have a super AF day.

Jenny, I'll try to find Private Practice. I like watching shows about addiction - I think it does help to be reminded of just how bad addiction can get and how we don't want to go there!

What are you and DG studying? DG I think I read you're getting a degree in Addiction Counseling. Jenny, can't remember what your degree will be.

Hi K9 - I think you're even thinking about going back to school - vet tech?

Looks like we're going to have to change this to the "college" thread.

Great going for you guys!

Comment

Special Friday Shout Out to you Jenny! I won't be drinking today, I know that! Too much livin' to do.

Yes unwasted - Addiction Counseling is my program.

Oxycontin is some scary stuff. Wouldn't suprise me if that one is taken off the market at some point.

Interesting that withdrawal from oxycontin (or heroin) is not deadly, but withdrawal from alcohol is. I truly never had any idea how dangerous drinking was while I was doing it.
                      These scary reminders serve to solidify my own decision to remain AF too. Why play with fire?

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

That interesting DG I didn't know that opiate withdraw was not deadly but al withdraw is! HUH why is that?

UW- I am studying science. In 2013 I will get my AS degree in Science and in 2015 I will have a BS in Bio/Chem and by 2016 I hope be certified in forensic science (they don't have a degree in that) I want to have the ability to analyze DNA, but I will probably just run the lab and records dept (I am already over the records) in the doctors office that I currently work in. I love it here! I have the best boss and work with excellent people! Hows that for a blessing!

Thanks for the Friday shout out DG, I will struggle through this one! I have fasting blood work at 8:30am and can not eat or drink past 8:30 tonight so there can't be any AL in this girl body! No way! On ward to day 7!

Comment

day10 all going well I'm going to give af a try for the rest of my life

Comment

Day 5 for me everyone.

Congrats Jenny on going back to school - I admire that kind of drive. You're so lucky to have a job you love!

Merry, glad you've joined us. I too am committed to AF finally. I tried moderating and did well as far as the definition goes, but AF is so much better.

DG your field of study sounds interesting too. I always admire your advice and think you're going to be a great counselor. You seem patient and wise.

Tipps - hope you're doing well.

Have a super day everyone.

Comment

Good Morning!

*:yougo: (the ra ra girl is for Fridays and Saturdays! LOL)

I made it through Friday! I would have to look back to see how long its been since I made it through a Friday but I think the last time was the end of June. It was really bad between 5:30 and 7:00 but after that it just felt like a normal night. Me and my son grabed some dinner and went to Sam's and Walmart. The funny part was this morning, I woke up at 5:51 and really had to think about what day it was cause I woke up sober and without a hangover! I thought that was pretty silly!

Have a great day y'all! I will!

Comment

Hi all, thought I would check in, it's 5:20 on Saturday and I'm having a hard time of it. AL thoughts abound, however, I see yesterday I had the same problem so I will stay the course. I am going to a birthday party in about an hour with at my hubbys best friends house and we normally drink there. I'm sure that will be difficult but I can say no. I will want to drink but they don't have my poison there. They drink beer and crown...I do not. I will get there at 6:30 and leave by 8:30. I have homework and I have to work another 1.25 hours tonight. I think I will do that 9-10:15 and tomorrow I will get up early and finish my history term paper by 10am! Then I will try to be done with speech homework by 12 and then the rest of the day will be for chorus and shopping! Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X