Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm starting my rest of the year sober challange today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back...holy cow drunk people are annoying when your not drunk! I stayed for an hour and left, I don't know if anyone knew i was there are that I am gone. My hubby told me I was cold and distant...and I probably am when I am in a social situation and not drinking...I don't know how else to be...I am not comfortable and I don't know how to be more comfortable...I think I can be around people that are drinking but not people who are drunk...I don't know the answer...but I am here and sober tonight...I am thankful for small blessings.
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Comment

I'm starting today, November 21st.
        One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Hello tonight!
          *:yougo::yougo:
          look at me finishing up day nine...who a thunk it!

Well time for Dexter and then bed!

Happy Sober living yall!

Comment

I'd love to hop in here too!
            Comit to a sober rest of the year. What a great Christmas present for myself and my family!!!!
            BTW I'm a Dexter fan too!

Comment

Welcom sobafun!

Well I'm on day 10, first one in a while and I'm lovin it!
              9 gold starts for me!
              So no overtime this week and only one day of school! I'll have so much time on my hands! I am gonna clean and hangout with my kids, they should hate that lol! Teenagers! I am taking my daughter to get her learners permit Wednesday though and we are so excited about that!

Have a great sober Monday all!

Comment

**********10 gold stars yeah me!

Feel great this morning, strong even though this is really Friday, after today I'm done with work and school till Monday! Guess what though...I'm gonna have some fun with my kiddos and laugh and play and be sober and sleep well! Heres lookin at cha 20 days! I will be there before you know it!

I hope everyone here has a safe holiday and I hope you reach you goals whatever they may be!

Comment

Day 8 for me everyone - Jenny - well done on being able to socialize without drinking! I too feel kind of aloof when I don't have alcohol to get me going. But, so be it. I'm much happier without alcohol in my life.

Best to everyone here and our continued success on getting through the holidays without AL!:l

Comment

WOO HOO JENNY!!! TEN STARS!!!! :yougo::yougo:
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DG, interesting stuff - thanks for taking the time to post it. I've often wondered about the difference because I had heard the same thing. I think about the garden variety hangover and how bad it is and wonder exactly what that does to us. And, we've had so many of them over the course of time -- I can really see how eventually alcohol could cause cancer (which they're correlating it to more and more -- esp breast cancer in women). And go figure about the friend's husband not admitting he has a problem - mind boggling.

Jenny, Change, Georgie - hope you're all sticking with your goal of staying sober. Life really is so much better this way. I'm missing drinking less and less and loving feeling good every single day. The struggle feels gone for me.

Stay strong over the TG holiday everyone - just keep your eye on the prize of feeling wonderful and living a meaningful life free of the ups and downs of trying to control the dreaded cycle!

Day 9 for me - yea!!

Comment

jennyneric;1212399 wrote: Welcom sobafun!

Well I'm on day 10, first one in a while and I'm lovin it!
                        9 gold starts for me!
                        So no overtime this week and only one day of school! I'll have so much time on my hands! I am gonna clean and hangout with my kids, they should hate that lol! Teenagers! I am taking my daughter to get her learners permit Wednesday though and we are so excited about that!

Have a great sober Monday all!

Way to go Jenny! You are really flyin through the days, keep it up, keep your eye on the pricz, as so many have said before me.

Do what you have to, to get to the 30 day mark, thats a HUGE milestone/goal. Then after that, you look back and see how many days you have lasted with AL, and it gets a bit easier.

Wishing you strength and luck to battle the beast, Here's yer star(Times 10)

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1714736=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
                        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

lost my post! Stupid laptop! Anyway, I made it through last night and now I have 4 saturdays to make it through! the kids and I have been trying to make cake balls, they are yummy but not very pretty!

*********** day 12 today...

Comment

12 days! :yougo::yougo:
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

LOL DG, they are odd, you bake the cake, then you crumble it up till it is completely crumbs the you mix 1/2 a cup of icing in then you ball them up. After that you put them in the freezer for like 2 hours and then you dip lolly pop sticks in melted chocolate and stick them in the balls. You then put them back in the freezer for an hour or so and finally you dip them in melted chocolate and decorated with sprinkles or more melted chocolate. It takes for-e-ver....but they taste like a cupcake (icing and all) dipped in chocolate. It is soooo good! You should try them if you ever get a chance! I am also making fudge tonight! Maybe I can take some to the family thanksgiving tomorrow if my kids don't eat them all!

Have a good night guys! I'm having a blast with the kiddos and all the cooking!

Comment

Hi there..
                                I'm hanging in here. Day 4 done and dusted.

Comment

Working...
                                X