Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm starting my rest of the year sober challange today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I was not going to admit this on here but I drank last night. Nothing bad but I did drink. So back to being sober now. Just because I drank does not mean I plan to moderate it just means I drank so here I am. Still trying, still strong, still wanting to not drink.

* one star and honestly is better than 13 stars and lying.

today is day 2!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Jenny, you can only become AF for YOU. We are only here so you can be accountable to others.

Sending you peace and strength,

Comment

Hi Everyone Jenny thanks for starting this thread. I to drank yesterday so im back to day 1. I have been trying to get sober since 1998 a chronic relasper. I went to a aa meeting today an plan on going to another at noon,,,I can't do this alone god no's i've tried. I have been warned my liver isn't doing so well and if i continue to drink i will develope cirrious so i need you all of you here to give me support i will do the same for you. We are EXTREMLY lucky to have Doggy Girl here she is so right on about what to say at the right time I read her post as often as i can. I really ant looking forward to the holidays this year to be honest i wish they were over..But my drinking history show's i drank like everyday was a holiday so i be with you guy's Peace Bill

Comment

Hey I am in from Ontario Canada, I am in day 4, I thought of putting that challenge out, but chickened out. Good for you, and wow what a group we are getting.

Comment

Hi trucker and dreams! It is a good group. Trucker DG is wise and good and so much fun! She is the reason I still post here! We all can do it, we just have to never give up on ourselves. I will try to go as long as I can without drinking. I know that is more than one or two days, I know that I can go at least 12-14 days so I will try 15-16 or maybe even 30 but I will not settle for one or two days because I know I can do better. DG calls it harm reduction. Basically something is better than nothing!

Have a great day y'all. Today I do homework and alittle work work and typing up my kids Christmas list and emailing them to the grandparents.
            You always succeed if you never stop trying.
            Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Trucker, man you must be tired! Have you ever tried meditation? Just throwing it out there because it's helping me. They're using it in a lot of rehabs these days. Day 11 for me, and made it past Thanksgiving without temptation and effortlessly - definitely a first for me! Let us know how the AA meetings go - they obviously have helped a lot of people here

IDWH and Sobafun - glad you're joining us.

Strength to us all!

Comment

Hi Unwasted Yes im tired my doctor smacks me in the head evertime he see's me and tell's me knock it off...But he's not a alkie so i no he doesn't fully comprehend what make's us tick. Jenny harm reduction i like that. As far as aa go's i no so many ppl there and made good friendships as well..The only thing is some ppl look down on ppl like me who just don't get it so to say..There motto is NO need for slip's where as some of the ppl say welcome back.. as far as meditaion no i haven't tried it my mind is to racing all the time. I do no that DoggyGirl did a hole thing about it a while back...I read some of it and it was very interesting thow i never put it to use the story of my life. But ant giving up.

Comment

Trucker just curious, did you ever try any anti-craving meds? Check out some books on Buddhism and meditation - you never know what might click for you.

Comment

Yes i did try naltroxen didn't work for me. Yes Buddhism has a 12 step aproach i'll try to find it and post it thanks for your help.

Comment

Buddhist 12 Step Program matched to AA 12 Steps

Comment

Trucker, this was a really good book, I thought:

Amazon.com: A Burning Desire: Dharma God and the Path of Recovery (9781401923211): Kevin Griffin: Books

AND (haven't read but KTAB said it was good):

Amazon.com: One Breath at a Time: Buddhism and the Twelve Steps eBook: Kevin Griffin: Kindle Store

Comment

K Thanks again Unwasted

Comment

Day 2

Comment

Good morning Trucker123, I have not heard of anyone else's whos mind is always racing. Mine is regardless of the time of day or nite. Good luck on your day 2. I sometimes find it hard to read, for my mind drifts. When I was drinking, I could not read. I am going into day 6.
                              Unwasted congrats on your day 11, you give alot of good advice and support. This is an great site and we can feel free to say what we feel without anyone judging us. If we slip, we have a whole support system all around the world.

Comment

If Dreams Were Horses, think about trying some yoga or mediation - it's helping me a lot! Best to you and Trucker, Jenny , DG, and anyone else who stops by today.:l

Comment

Working...
                                X